Female drivers

Does anyone make feel that female drivers can not drive? I am a female and when in the car with my boyfriend if someone makes a mistkae driving he is very quick to make a comment that it was a female? I was wondering if it is true that people do believe that female drivers are worse then male drivers?
@hellcowboy (7380)
I have heard a lot of people in the past claim that female drivers are the worst,but I personally disagree, I think females can drive just as good as males,and in some cases they can drive better than males,and that a bad driver does not come from the gender of a person, but from how reckless they are,and how willing they are to break the laws.
That is my issue as well that driving good or bad does not come from the gender of a person. What does a persons body have to do with how well or bad that they can drivee. I think its just a nother assumption that the media and males have put out on females.
A persons gender has nothing to do with how good or bad they can drive,and I agree it is just an assumption that the media and some males have made,just so they can have something to put against females,I guess you can say that it goes along with the fact that a lot of males are still sexist,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.
@agihcam (1915)
It was very common in the US but not only female, they are also downgrading old people in driving. But it is really true that female drivers are worse than male drivers but not ALL. I can compare this to washing of clothes, I guess Male is worse than Female in this case.
LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I know that in Canada that many of the same comments are made twoards older people driving, as well as people of different cultures. I dont like that they are made i undersand that not all people are the best drivers, but feel that the comments arent always necessary. Is that a proven fact that femal drivers are worse than male drivers?
@SwtJenlove (1090)
ive heard stuff like that before but nothing ever said "toward me"
He has never said it said about me but that might be becuase he doesnt really let me drive. But even I remember as a child my dad making the same kind of comments . Now it is something that has started to bother me becuase sometimes it can be the male driver that is the problem.
well from my person point of view and experience female drivers are more dangerous than male drivers cause they are very scared of driving and they often make mistakes at sudden situations.i hav had many close cals due to some female driver on my side driving in some other vehicle.they would close their eyes even if they get a bit scared or some stake happens.also they would start crying if they hit something .so its better to have male drivers.