Do you ever write an article that is off the wall?

@sunnflr (2767)
Tonight I wrote an article for eHow about How to Behave Like a Tourist..lol. I doubt it will get many page views, but it was fun to write. Sometimes I just get in a silly mood and write a weird article. I also have one on ehow about How Not to Tinkle on the Seat in the Womens Restroom when out in Public. Does anybody else do this? Write articles just for the fun of it sometimes?
@PearlGrace (3172)
Hello sunnflr. I have written one humourous article for a publisher who requested it on Helium's Marketplace. However, my article was not purchased by the publisher. It was the first article where my goal was to be humourous all the way through. And it was difficult! The article hasn't done that well in the rating process at Helium either. I think both your articles (on eHow) that you mentioned sound really funny. Writing humor is another fun challenge, when it comes to writing. Take care. PearlGrace
@sunnflr (2767)
I have a few articles on helium that have done well, but I hardly ever do anything with them anymore. They just don't do as well as the other places and I can't keep up with everything.
Sunnflr, I know what you mean. I have 119 articles on Helium, earning pennies a day IF I rate for 15 to 30 minutes per day. I am in the process of adding a bunch of my articles on to Associated Content. They seem to pay better and it's really an interesting website. I think I've got 20 on there now. I need to get to work!!
@sunnflr (2767)
I think I have 26 on there, something like that. I've been doing more for Demand Studios lately because they pay better. And, doing eHow articles on my own because I get alot more page views on eHow that AC. I don't think the eHow articles have to have the really good keyword stuff.
@mentalward (14695)
I haven't done it yet, but I am about to start! Your brain sounds a lot like mine. LOL I'm sure I'll be writing a lot of off-the-wall stuff, too. I have the weirdest thoughts sometimes! I've been a 'writer' since I was about 10 years old. I've always loved to write. I had an article published in a national magazine once, I think it was "Working Mothers"... can't remember anymore (my poor old tired brain tucks things away sometimes and forgets where it's tucked!). But that was a "normal" article, about raising a child with ADHD. Since that time, I've had the weirdest questions pop into my head and wondered about who in the world would be receptive to an article like that. But, since I'm learning so much about this field (with your help as well!) that I'm about to start. It's fun writing stuff like that. You'll probably be amazed at the page views you will get! I really believe that people like that "out of the ordinary" stuff. I know I do!
@sunnflr (2767)
You should write articles about ADHD for Associated Content. I think I sent you a link for them in that pm we had. If you ever got it. It showed that it finally went through for me.
@mentalward (14695)
Oh, yes, I got it! Thank you! I thought I had let you know that I did... I guess I got distracted before I could send you my response. I'm so sorry! Yes, maybe I could write an article on that! I lived with it for 18 years (my son). Actually, a bit longer because he didn't leave home until he was 22. I can say that I know a bit about it.
@sunnflr (2767)
I'm sure others would benefit from your experience. Don't worry about the other. I just wanted to make sure you did get the message since I had so much trouble. When you sign up with AC give me a link and a blurb about yourself and I'll add it to a list I'm making of mylot users that are also on AC. I am going to have a link to the blog page in my profile so we can all keep track of each other.
No. I always consider the people who will be reading my article before writing.
@sunnflr (2767)
Well, I didn't write anything offensive or bad. It was just humorous. Everyone who's read it so far likes it and didn't offense. I wouldn't write something that hurt anyone or anything like that. I was just in a silly mood.
@anaknitatay (1335)
oh, I don't know maybe you'll find out that there are people who enjoy reading those funny articles. Make sure though that people know that it is written with humor in mind. I used to read a lot of articles like these in reader's digest. Like the real american history articles.
@sunnflr (2767)
I showed it to a few friends and they new right away it wasn't a "real" article. You can tell because its so overboard of what really happens with tourists.