Nicole Kidman versus Michelle Pfeiffer? Who is better, classier, more beautiful?

@umart13 (841)
Ireland
After starting a discussion about which of the current generation of actresses could come up to the standard of the stars from the 1950s, there were two names which came to the fore: Nicole Kidman and Michelle Pfeiffer. Most of the modern actresses have nothing to offer apart from taking their clothes off and crying too much, but these two ladies are on a much higher level. What do you think? Or is there some other actress who could compare?
They are both really talented actresses. And at the same time very different. They each have a unique way when they approach their craft. However, I'd like to choose Pfeiffer as the winner. They both have picked roles that were different for each one of their films. And you don't see that very often with today's young 'stars'.
@umart13 (841)
Hi, thanks for a very good reply. They are very different in looks. Michelle Pfeiffer looks slavic with her blonde hair, blue eyes and high cheek bones, whereas Nicole Kidman looks more Irish with red curly hair, freckles and green eyes. They are both very talented actresses. I liked Kidman in "The Others" and "Moulin Rouge". Michelle Pfeiffer I liked in "Dangerous Minds" and "Dangerous Liaisons". As you said, they have played in such a variety of roles and will not let themselves get typecast. Michelle Pfeiffer keeps her private life very private and Nicole is doing better since she got away from Tom Cruise. Michelle Pfeiffer also has a great sense of style, with fashion gurus often commenting on how she is always perfectly dressed and made up. I think the both of them will stand the test of time. They have talent and class!
I'm going Nicole Kidman. I love Michelle Pfeifer's timeless beauty, but I think Nicole's movies have showed more range, and she has had more hits, and she has had less time to have a career since Michelle is older. Not that Nicole hasn't had a few flops, but I'd go with Nicole. An actress I would put in their caliber is Charlize Theron, although her last few films have been a let down.
@umart13 (841)
Yes you have a point. Michelle was born on 29 April 1958 and Nicole 20 June 1967. That has given Michelle 11 more years to play with, but doesn't she look fantastic for her age. Not so sure about the range comment: Grease2-The Russia House-Dangerous Liaisons-Catwoman versus Eyes Wide Shut-The Others-Moulin Rouge-The Hours. I would call it a tie! Charlize Theron is very beautiful, but I will wait a while. Its early days. Then again it took me ages to get to like Nicole Kidman.