Where not to go.....

This is actually a bit differrnt ot the usual 'where would you want to go' type question as instead I would like to know where in the world would you never want to travel to and why? Or in fact if you could travel the whole world but there was maybe just one last place you didn't have time to visit would you choose to miss out on. I personally would like to go to Hawaii for example but if i could go to loads of places and it meant missing that one area I wouldn't be hugely upset as there are others places that would come higher on my list! Don't get me wrong I DO want to go but that would be the place I would choose to miss out on because it is quite far and there is nothing that stands out for me that I need to see in that country if that makes sense?!
@skinnychick (6906)
Alaska is one place that I would not want to visit. Too cold. Everyone says the scenary is beautiful but how can you enjoy it when you are freezing. I'm a warm weather person so it does nothing for me.
Very true it would be cold although I think I would ike to see one day! I too do prefer the warmer climate for my holidays though as a general rule! x
Me too my dear!!
@maximax8 (30121)
I would not chose to go to a war Zone because it would be dangerous to go there. However times changes things so once that country is peaceful again I would probably like to visit it. Iraq is a country that I have seen some very poor events on television and in newspapers. I don't think a visit to Iraq is at all appealing. I don't want to offend anyone though because there are some nice people on My Lot that come from Iraq. In the 1990s there was a war in what was then Yugoslavia so at that time I wouldn't have wanted to visit that region. However these days it is perfectly safe there and different names were given to the countries that are now there. In 2003 I had a wonderful time in Croatia, Montenegro and Slovenia. Dubrovnik is one of my favorite cities in the world.
Interesting! I 've not been to Dubrovnik or Montenegor but would iek to visit both - what is it about them that are good for visitors to see and do? x
@maximax8 (30121)
Dubrovnik is has a delightful old town with orange roofed houses and a wonderful view over the gorgeous Adriatic Sea where there is a little wooded island. Montenegro is off the beaten tourist path. Kator is a stunningly historic town with amazing buildings. Budva is a chic little beach resort, again with wonderful architecture. I hope that you go there one day.
@vanities (11410)
• Davao, Philippines
i guess i dont want to go to places where i felt im not safe during my travel and i will not name those countries since i guess its obvious where im referring to...i like to travel to places with so many historical relics ..
I like to also go where I can eplore culture and history but, it's not obvious where you mean......? x
@vanities (11410)
• Davao, Philippines
i like egypt,israel and rome ..
@leenie50 (3992)
Hi Frankie I'm with you on the Hawaii answer. I had a daughter-in-law who lived there for many years but we never got to go visit. I have no doubt it is a beautiful place, but going there is not at the top of my list. I also don't feel the need to travel to Europe. I've flown enough in my lifetime to know that the shorter the distance the better.
Exactly - plenty of people have told me how beautiful Hawaii is and so it's not that I don't want to see it but there are so many paces that I really, really desire to see fist so if it meant missing out on this then I would make that decision to see other places first! x
@brimia (6585)
I've been to the Hawaiian islands twice...once we won a trip..it's so beautiful and each island offers something different. I agree with the previous response...I would definitely avoid dangerous areas...like Iraq.
Ok maybe I should have worded it differently as for obvious reasons nobody would travel to a war zone area - lets say areas that are free from trouble - then whihc place if you had to choose would you not visit? x
• Alexandria, Virginia
Every place has its unique issues. However some places are not worth a revisit