Photographing a Wedding Today

@kel1483 (986)
I am photographing a wedding today. I'm not a professional. I haven't done any wedding photography before, so I'm a bit nervous. Most of my photos turn out ok, so it should be fine. They can't really afford a 'real' photographer, so they said that having me is better than having no one and that as long as even one photo turns out, it'll be ok and more than they'd have without me. So they're being cool and not really putting a lot of pressure on my or anytghing. I know that my abilities are better than just one picture turning out (my mom's camera is awesome, so it's hard to mess up). The wedding is outside...and it looks like rain. Hopefully it doesn't! I'm getting ready to go, but any last minute tips would be great...or even just some words of encouragement lol. Thanks! Have a great day everyone.
@jillhill (37379)
I hope they turned out. I did a wedding in February and the photo's turned out teriffic! If you have been to alot of weddings you'll know what to do. The only thing I forgot was to take a picture of the groom by himself but I just cropped another photo and got him alone....I did an album for them and they loved it so if you have any experience you should be good to go!
@kel1483 (986)
I think the photos turned out...still waiting on my battery to charge so it has enough to put them on my computer. I'm comfortable with the camera I used, and I'm fairly confident that there were some really great shots. The inside photos had poor lighting, but we did a lot of the posed shots outside in the park and they were better. I'm so glad your pictures turned out. I bet your album was amazing and such a great thing to receive for the bride and groom.
@trickiwoo (2702)
I hope the wedding went well! I photographed my first wedding back in May. It was for a friend of mine who hired a professional who canceled at the last minute. But she absolutely loved my photos, so that's good! I was so nervous about it! I'm shooting my next wedding in August. This one I'm a lot less nervous about- mostly because it's not my first wedding and I'm not the only photographer! I'm shooting back up for a local professional. Which is ideal for me since I don't have to worry about collecting the money or dealing with the client. I just show up and take pictures!
Congrats on getting the job and good luck! I recently shot for my dad's wedding, and my pictures came out a LOT better than the professional that was hired to take them. Biggest tip: take a LOT of pictures. If you think you only need to take one of a certain pose, take five. I've found that five pictures I take in quick succession usually have one or two in the middle that are better than the one I initially framed. Don't be too nervous. If you know your camera, you'll do fine. There will probably be other people with cameras, too, so even if you completely bonk things up, they probably won't be completely out of pictures. Of course, if you take a lot of pictures, I can't imagine that happening. Good luck!
@kel1483 (986)
Thank you! That's cool in some ways that yours were better than the pro's, yet in some ways it's kind of bad... I made sure to take lots of pictures. I tried to get 2-4 of everything I could! Very good tip. There were a couple other people snapping photos, so it was all good. In the end the groom had his computer there and four different people (including me) uploaded what we had taken. They're going to have so many shots. I think I took 200 or so myself =)
i hope you do really good and also that it doesnt rain cause that often can mess up picture any who good luck :)
@kel1483 (986)
Thanks. I am going to try my best and get as many great photos as possible. Yeah it'd be pretty sucky if it rains on their wedding.