How would you discipline a 4 year old girl?

@Anne19 (300)
I am a mom of a 4-year old girl. My daughter is the somewhat spoiled considering she is the first granddaughter and we happen to live with my parents. Often times, she would insist on doing things her way. Unfortunately, her grandmother will always be there to support her vices. My kid is a good child but then again she was already starting to be so bossy, demanding and she was starting to throw tantrums whenever she doesn't get what she wants. I often reprimand her about this behavior. But sometimes I don't know if that's enough. I don't want her to grow up thinking she can have whatever she wants. When I'm so fed up with her behaviors, I punish her by making her face the wall for like a minute. But then I fear that she might be used to it and wouldn't mind it after some time. How do you think a mom should discipline her daughter? If you've got kids, I'll most welcome your opinions regarding this.
I don't have kids but I remember what my mom did to me when I was little. I would just make her stand in a corner for like 3-5 minutes. It's not to harsh and to a young kid 5 minutes seems like a life time. And trust me I didn't like standing in the corner when I was little lol. So I think that would be a good thing to try.
@Anne19 (300)
I think I'll try that...lol... my daughter can't sit still for a minute so I think she'll take that seriously... :) That's a funny memory, isn't it??