Afraid to marry....

@reckon21 (3484)
She is now 33 years of age,single,and no boyfriend for almost 6 years. According to her,she is contented with her work,her family,friends, and for being single. Her friends, family and relatives wants changes in her life. They want to see this lady walking on the Aile with great smile wearing elegant bridal gown. But, they are just dreaming because the lady herself wanted to stay single for the rest of her life. As real stories heard from friends spouses of this lady that marriage life is complicated based on their experiences. All the bad implications of marriage registered her mind. What if she might marry a guy who is not worthy for her love? A guy who is irresponsible and loves to hurt his wife not only physically but the total package. If that man has untold life stories of sons/daughter from other woman,how can she handle this? regarding in-laws, how to deal with marriage of their son,brothers,sisters,and the most heartache is when the husband commits concubinage, that's the reality now a days, right? There are lots of questions unanswered yet by this lady. We should marry for us to be cared by own sons,daughter someday when we get old? or, you marry because you love the person for the rest of your life no matter what happens. Pls. share your brilliant ideas for I pity this woman as much. I'm pretty sure also that there are ladies out there who feel the same way too, Thank you...
Why do you pity this woman? You say she is contented with her work, her family, and her friends. It looks like this woman is happy with her life. So, why should you pity her? People usually pity someone when they feel they are missing something vital in life. I don't think a man is the passport to happiness. More often than not, men create only misery and more work. I have been single for a long time and I am really happy with my life. I have been married too and know what it is. Now, I can really devote my time to interests such as gardening, pets, writing, and reading on topics that have intrigued me for a long time without being bothered by a man and kids. Honestly, I wouldn't pity a single woman if she is happy with her life. So many married women are in more pitiable conditions. Now if she depressed or something about her condition, that is another story. But you have said that she is happy with her life. So, stop pitying her and wish her good luck!! :) Cheers and happy mylotting
@Margajoe (4718)
Yes, I do agree! And when you see married couple's now a days, most don't look very happy. The first couple of years maybe, but after that... Happy Mylotting.
@ayessa (1586)
It was hard to gave such words on a person who is already contented with her life. There are really some people who was happy even they were not with any partner. We just have to respect them for thier decisions and if you think no one will care for her I think that was wrong Im sure a lot of people will be willing to look and care for her when she grew old. Like those who she helped before and her siblings kids will surely take care of her.
@irishmist (3819)
I think she knows what she wants, and not everyone wants to be burdend with a relationship. I was married till my hubby passed away, then I had some bad relationships, and I gave up. I am happy on my own. there is nobody to tell me what to do, nor do I have to cook for them or clean up after them. And as for having kids and them taking care of you when we are old, well.... that is hit or miss in this day and age, it is not like the old days. I think she is taking her life in her own hands, and doing what she wants, and that is what I do these days.