One second can last a lifetime in a bad way

@raydene (9874)
Do you believe that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life. Well you can! I once in anger I told someone I loved that I hated them and before I could take it back he was killed in a car accident!To this day it hurts my heart to remember this. I was mad..He was mad...Before 24 hours passed he was dead but my heartache remains and will til I die. Do you have a moment you would take back?
@Darkwing (21588)
I was this way with my Father. I think it's only natural to remember the bad things you said, and the negative times you had with them when you realise they've gone forever, and you can never, ever make amends. But, take peace in the fact that he knows, my friend, that you would take back those bad words if you could. He's still with you in spirit, and it might help to find a quiet spot, maybe a mutual place you both enjoyed being, and to talk to him. Tell him how sorry you are that you said something in the heat of the moment that you didn't mean. He will hear you. Brightest Blessings. xxx
@Darkwing (21588)
Awwww... thank you for BR my friend. It seems a big acknowledgement for speaking from my heart. Thank you!
@urbandekay (18308)
We all say things we do not intend in anger, and most understand that and so do not place too much value on what is said in anger. Honestly, I do not think this is something to fret over, I think you need to forgive yourself. all the best urban
I said "I do" one too many times!
I am very blessed to say that I DO NOT have a moment like this on my conscience, or on my heart. I have heard a lot about these moments though, and this is why I have watched my tongue, and controlled my temper for so long. I have had to teach my husband how to watch himself, and it's worked. I explained to him that I do not yell and scream and take my problems out on others, because I never know where those others are going to be tomorrow, and I would not want it to weigh on myself, if i said something I dind't mean, and it was the last thing they ever heard from me.