If you could be an animal, what would you be?

By gems
Just for this discussion, I'd like to escape from all the problems of this world; particularly the soaring prices of fuel in the world market and basic commodities as well. I was thinking about the animals created by God, just like us. But I realized that somehow, even if we are more superior than them; they are having less worries about costs of food and other merchandise. Obviously, they don't have to think of their clothes as God has already provided them with fur, feathers, scales, or shells. For me, I'd want to be a bird. Oftentimes, I'd dream of flying and I know that I couldn't possibly do this as I'm human. So at least in my wishful thinking or daydreaming, I'd want to fly above trees, hills, and fields and be one with nature like the birds. How about you, what animal would you be?
@ayessa (1586)
I also wanted to be a bird and to discover the view from above. But I also wants to be a fish so that I could swim in the deepest oceans and see the wonders of the earth from there.
Well, I guess you're the newest member in our club. lol Anyway, I have to admit that I admire you to want to be a fish. I also admire the oceans and the ocean floor with its deep riches; but I just have to content myself with seeing them in television as I don't know how to swim. When I think of swimming in an ocean, I feel like being eaten by sharks or giant octopus. What an imagination I have!
I think I'd like to be a wild dog or a wolf or something. I'd rather do things on my own terms so I don't have to worry about another taking care of me. That's also a great way to gain independence, lol. Actually, I don't really mind about the animals as long as I'm not a fish or something.
I find this a bit off from the usual response; and I could sense that somehow, you are a loner and doesn't want to have other people take care of you. And I know that you're someone who wants to be independent. If you'd be a wolf, I must admit that I'll be afraid to go near you. I hope you'll find someone or another animal who'll be always with you and one whom you could confide to. Anyway, thanks for your response.
Just like you, I want to be a bird if I could because I want to fly. I am always curious how it felt like to be a bird. Although I enjoy flying, I don't like to sit in aeroplanes because I always get motion sickness.
Well, we're already forming a group of birds here. Soon we'll be flying high and reaching our dreams in this material world we belong. Thanks for responding.
I'd love to be a dolphin! I'd love to just streak through the water and jump in the air and have fun! I'd love to just swim around in my pod with all my friends and have tons of people take pictures of me! :o) Of course I'd want to be a dolphin where they people don't boat like idiots, the water never has any oil spills, and the chinese and japanese don't hunt me!
Oh I also love the waters but honestly, I don't know how to swim. I usually stay on the shore and collect shells and if I do swim, I don't go beyond three feet. Anyway, I haven't seen a dolphin in real life but I'd like to watch them in tv shows. I believe that dolphins are highly intellectual beings. Hopefully, I'm going to see dolphins and other animals in the future; and by that time, I'd like to see it with my own family; particularly with my daughter.
@Ina926 (172)
I had never given this much thought but, now that I think about it, I would want to be a peacock. A boy peacock, not the girl, they have all these beautiful feathers all sorts of hues. My ant has one as a pet and I like sitting on her swing and just look at him and admire all his brilliant colors.
I agree with you and I also do admire the plenty colors of the peacock's feathers which are shaped like a round eye, somehow. But I have never seen one face-to-face. I only view them in tv shows.
I want to be an eagle which fly so high above the sky, I want to be so close to the heavens as possible.
Well, I guess we'll be flying together in the sky when this happens. Birds of the same together flock together, right?! Anyway, I just wanted to be as free as possible and feeling the clouds in my feet and feathers. Fly high!
@lilaclady (28236)
I would be a cat but one with a cat loving owner, as so many cats are treated cruely I wouldn't want to be one of them, I wouldn't mind being my cat as my cat is very spoilt....
I love cats, I really do! In fact, I even requested my mom to adopt a young stray cat when I was still about five years old but naturally, she did not give in to my request. So I contented myself to just feeding it everytime it passes by our house. I guess my daughter got this behavior from me because she also loves seeing cats in the neighborhood. But she still hasn't requested me and her dad for her to have a pet until this time.