Is There Some Beef With Milk, That I Am Not Aware Of?

I keep reading topics about milk, that parents are not giving milk, shouldnt give milk etc. Now I know milk is expensive, but it is still a good source of calcium, and vitamin D. My kids drink milk at least twice a day, with breakfast and dinner. Wo what is the beef with milk, if anyone knows?
@jonesy123 (3949)
Beef with milk? lol. No, I'm not aware of that either. There is only a problem that whole milk is fattening. So after the kids turned 2 they were all switched to 2% milk. Otherwise, milk is an important source of nutrition and unless there is a problem with tolerating milk, it should be given to a child.
We only drink skim milk. Not only is it good for calcium, vitamin D, but also for Protein. I am wondering if it has something to do with hormones that the cows receive. But since no nay sayers volunteered their opinion I can only speculate.
@sunshinecup (7880)
I don't get it either. My kids have milk with every meal and water between. Pop or cool aid is a once in while thing. I haven't seen anything in the news that would give me reason not to give them milk, so I'm just as lost about this.
Well it doesnt seem the ones who are against milk, bothered to share their thoughts, so we may never know.
The last thing I heard about milk is it does a body good!!! Where are you hearing about this? Who are these lactose-intolerant knaves who dare show their impudence lmao! Anyway, there isn't too much they can say about milk to me, I like it, its good for me, its good for my kids, so what if they poot a little lol? Besides, ain't no way they gon get me buying that Soy Milk mess. Twice as nasty and three times as expensive.
Yes that soy milk is very pricy. I did buy the chocolate variety by accident, and my son liked it, but jeesh it was even more expensive. My kids had soy based formula, as babies, and it was great. No colds, or ear infections, upset stomachs, but we switched once they hit one. Milk is such a good source of protein, calcium and vitamin D, I cant understand it. I have read several posts, not just here about people not giving their kids milk. But I never really got a full, real good answer why.
Both my kids couldn't stand the cow-milk based formula when they were born. They both went straight to the soy based one. But that's how they get you, when they are young and you are on WIC it's free, but try to buy that out of pocket. Totally different story. Anyways, my son wasn't too bad switching over to regular milk. I was using the powder, so I first mixed it half and half with the regular milk, then gradually put less powder until he was used to Vitamin D milk. My daughter on the other hand had a fit! She would not drink anything that had to do with cows milk at all!!! Right before she turned one, I started the mixture, just like my son. She would taste it, and throw the bottle out of the crib!!! She would just not do it! We tried chocolate syrup, strawberry, a pinch of sugar, nothing helped at all. So I finally broke down and got the soy milk. Gawd did I get sticker-shock! Three and a quarter for a half-gallon? And this was before we got all the super hepped-up prices because of gas and the war! I still tried her with cow's milk, and she wasn't interested at all. One day I took her to my grandmother's house, where all they drink is Lactaid Milk. (Real milk, but no lactose) anyway, after telling her all we had been through trying to get her to drink Vitamin D milk, she got her to drink that!!! I was so relieved. Oh my aching pocketbook!!!
@twoey68 (13651)
I drink milk all the time even though it costs an arm and a leg. It seems that every now and then someone gets a half wit idea in their head and suddenly things that you've ate for years are terrible for you. There was eggs and then beef and then red meat in general and then sugar and now white things like rice, pasta, flour, sugar, salt and bread. I look at it like this. I try to have things in moderation and if it hasn't killed me yet in 40 years chances are it isn't going to. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
I agree, all things in moderation. Everything it seems, has been claimed to be bad for you. Then 3-5 yrs down the road new studies come out that say it isnt true and avoiding said thing can actually do more harm than good. Sometimes I think we are all just a bunch of lab rats, and we just go along with whatever they say. Not me, I believe all things in moderation is the way to be.