I Didn't Mean To Ignore All Of You...

By JJ
@myklj999 (33319)
Olney, Illinois
It has been brought to my attention that lately I haven't been answering responses in my discussions. After careful review by the editorial staff (meaning me) I have come to the conclusion that I have indeed been a jerk lately and have been ignoring my own discussions and my friends that respond to them. This oversight has been reported to the management (meaning me) and they/me have assured me/I that we (being me, myself and I) are going to do our best to begin commenting to all that respond to said discussions. So, if you don't see me answering yours for a day or two, I'm busy rectifying my mistake. Do you comment to responses in your discussions, or just let them sit there?
@LadyMarissa (12160)
You be rude??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Do I feel ignored??? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Maybe it's time you fired your editorial staff!!!! They're just increasin your workload. I do try & answer every post. Some are easier than others. A discussion is a form of diatribe that is a group of people. Since you are the one who asked the question, I find it only polite that you acknowledge the response. For a slight fee, I will do it for you; but you will lose half your marriage proposals (HaHaHaHaHaHa)
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
My cult following is what is slowing me down...
@LadyMarissa (12160)
(GRINZ) I kinda guessed that much. Why I offerred to help (ROFLMAO) If you talk to me nice, I'll get you more proposals than you can imagine (giggling)
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I endeavour to say something to everyone that takes the time to respond. Even if it is just "Thank you". I see it as courtesy to someone that bothered to take the time to respond. However, there may be a few that I missed whilst I was away making my protest, but I think that I have a 100% record since. Now someone will come and say "you didn't respond to my comment"!
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I think that it was you that said that we got paid for responding too. I'm not really here for the money, but I don't say no when it comes.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
Yeah p1ke, you haven't said anything about this to me, but you're one of those that made me feel guily, 'cause everytime I post in your topics I see you commenting on all the responses...thanks for the guilt trip!
@p1kef1sh (45638)
My pleasure old chap. LOL.
@Rosekitty (19396)
• San Marcos, Texas
Now How did i ever miss this one? Who knows with Mylot..anywho..I probably won't get a response back but thats ok..next time i'll look better for your name!..I mean I'll look in my emails..lol..
@Rosekitty (19396)
• San Marcos, Texas
Looks like I'm still number 4..thought after not seeing this i'd be the bigger idiot!
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
I have to respond back in this one because it's an apology for not responding to people! But I would reply back to you anyway...
@MsTickle (25051)
I try to do so but I don't start many discussions so it's really not relevant. It'd a bit difficult when people are still responding weeks or months later and you've forgotten your take on the discussion...lol. My apologies too because I came across one of yours the other day about the fact that you've been married 4 times and I was all set to respond when my dial-up session dropped out. It was quite late and so I went to bed and forgot about it. I'd still like to respond at some time but is there any point? You would have started it about 2 weeks ago and you probably won't even see my reply.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
But of course I would see your reply! I have all my email notifications turned on, and I read all replies I get through there; I just don't always respond back.
@MsTickle (25051)
Well in that case I will have to do a search for it and get back t you. I haven't caught up much as you can see.
@neelygal (1022)
• Bahamas
I am guilty of not responding to even half of the comments on my discussions.Im sorry!There are just so many that its kind of hard.I will try to do better because I do feel bad about this.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
I do alright most times; I've had alot of ideas for discussions lately, and they've got several responses each, and it all just got away from me. Of course, since I made a discussion about it, there's even more for me to do now.
well, then, what did you do that for, silly Mykl??
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I delegate to myself and I. LOL
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
Good. Take over for me.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
All righty then. So have your people (you) get in touch with my people(me) and we'll do lunch and work out a deal. Check please! LOL
@laglen (19779)
For some reason I have not been getting email notifications so I have been doing the same thing. I have also asked around and other people have ha this problem. Now ou can use this excuse!
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
Naw; I'd rather admit I'm too lazy rather than lie about it.
@meggan79 (436)
I try to respond to everyone who post a response in my discussions...sometimes I just can't think of anything to say in the response or somehow miss a whole discussion till much later.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
That's kinda how I am; I don't want to just say "I agree" or "thank you for responding".
I will admit, I do the same thing sometimes. I have gotten better with it and usually leave comments now. I have been part of discussions where they poster never responded, and I didn't think anything of it. So don't feel too bad. Take care!
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
I've got some friends here that comment back to all the responders in their discussions, and it makes me feel guilty occasionally when I realize I haven't done it lately.
myklj999 hi oh I am so bad too, I did get to my last two but am sure I am behind on others. used to be I neverh had more than ten or a dozen but now Iam getting more and so i get behind.I will have to take some time to comment on all my friends responses.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
I had to go somewhere today; when I got home, there were 40 responses from 3 of my discussions on my mailbox; I'm gonna be busy for awhile I think.
@xboxboy (5578)
i reply to all responses except....... the ones i do drunk. i would rather forget them and shudder when i see them bouncing to the top of my 'discussions started' list.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
LOVE the new avatar!
Hey myklj999 no hard feelings here I know you get around to answering when ya can and you have answered all of mine but even if ya didn't and it took ya sometime I would understand. Some people it just takes a little longer for them to answer posts they have started. I think you have done a fine job at keeping up with answering them. I was far behind on a few myself but got caught up on them. Every so often I will go through them all and take a peek at which ones I have to respond to and do them. You'll get caught up soon enough just keep plugging away at it best of luck to you take care.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
My fingertips are getting worn out.
Hi mykj999, It is with good manners and being polite to respond to friends and Mylotters as they were good enough to respond to your discussions, so next time you write a discusssion and someone respond please return the compliment. Tamara
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
But many times there's nothing to say, and we're not supposed to just thank them; we are only supposed to comment if we have something worth saying.
I try to comment on all of them, most of the time I know the friend and they just answer my post and don't expect a reply. I haven't been crying buckets of salty tears so don't worry about responding to me.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
Okay, I won't. Worry about it. But I'll comment just on principle.
@marina321 (4561)
I do try to comment or reply to all responses in my discussions. The less responses, the easier and quicker it is to comment on all of them. If there's many, I will do some and save rest for later or for a day I can come back but unfortunately I sometimes forget to get back to it and before I know it, the discussion is so many days old but I go through my unresolved ones now and try to sort that one out. I will also comment on those that I think I need to comment on most and I will rate even where I haven't left a comment. It is a bit confusing with that bit in Don't(s) about not saying thankyou as I used to do that but now I reply to the response. I do not really mind if people do not have anything to comment or add to my response as I often do not have something to comment back to others'..
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
Sometimes I don't know what to say, but a lot of it is because I was responding in everyone else's discussions and got too busy for my own.
Cute. It's ok, I don't need a lot of attention anyway. Besides doesn't it say in the guidelines that you are not supposed to respond to every comment? I think you do just fine.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
Why thank you. Wait; I'm not supposed to thank people, am I?
Yea, I have at get better at that too, mykl. Actually, you seem to be pretty thorough at resposnding to posts to your discussions. I suppose it's hard to keep up when you get a lot of responses.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
It was alot easier when I only had about 10 responses per discussion; then I posted several that went over real good, and that's when I started slipping; you've come in just as I realized what I was doing, so you've got commented back to in most of them. I guess I need to not start any for a week or so 'til I get the backlog caught up.
@sweetie1026 (1723)
i do try to respond to all but there are times that i can not go online on here so it takes a while for me to respond but whenever i can i get back to those who responded to me. Just to let them know that i do read their responses. Thanks!
Okay, I think that's the first thing I've read on this site that made me laugh out loud. I think I like your style. I try to comment to people who respond to my discussions...but as I've had so few responses to discussions I've started, it's a bit difficult to comment. If I start leaving comments to people who don't exist, I might have to worry about myself.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
You don't have to worry if you're talking to yourself; it's when you start answering yourself in demonic voices that you should become concerned...
I never answer MYSELF in a demonic voice...but sometimes I use one when playing Trivial Pursuit with my mother. Damned sports questions get me every time.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
It's ok.
I was just thinking about the very same thing this morning before I sat down to the computer. Most times I do comment on responses to my discussions. At least most of them. Some of them evoke a comment that I have already put in the discussion, so I don't repeat it. There have been a few times that I have started a discussion that I lost interest in, and don't comment on the responses after a while. Not that the responses aren't good, I just can't think of any more to say about the matter, so I let it fall to the wayside. Sometimes I believe that I shouldn't have started that discussion in the first place, since I couldn't stay interested in it.
@myklj999 (33319)
• Olney, Illinois
I'm starting the extremely bad habit of starting 3-4 in one day, and then don't know which to give most of my attention to, and then a bird flies by and I get distracted and...pretty...and there ya have it.