Do people really have adhd ?

Or do they really try to make up excuses why their kids are so bad?
@chalmette69 (3010)
My sister has three boys and so far two of her boys have it. They take Focalin and Clonidin. I can tell a big difference in them if they don't take there meds. They are running around screaming, banging on stuff and alot of other behaviors.
@bhchy1 (6051)
ADHD is very real and should be taken seriously. Children and adults with ADHD have brains that are not working as fast as the neuro typical brain. They can't focus so yes they get very hyper and impulsive. It's not a choice to behave badley and children are very aware especially at school when they can't function like their classmates..then adding depression into the mix.. There is a new med..Strattera..it's does have the stimulant side effects that Ritalin, Dexedrene and Adderal do..ask your doctor at your next child's visit. Since your daughter is only 4..I would also ask about a neuor evaluation. If the ins doesn't cover it, you can request it throught the school district (do it in writing) and also ask about the possibility of PDD-NOS...
@deitzy (381)
they say i have a.d.d. but i dont take my meds i dont believe in add, adhd, and things like tht im just hyper and bored.........a bad combonation
@sanell (2114)
It is a problem but I think that the issue is not something that they are born with but that the chemicals that are surrounding all of us can play a role. To get away from that you can look to making your home safer by purchasing more organic or natural ingredient products. Need help in finding some that would work do not hesitate to contact me at sandraellsion72@gmail.com
the things people need to learn.....
@swolecat (1278)
My cousin has that problem