Who is your "toxic" person?

@worldwise1 (14887)
We all have certain people in our circle of friends and family that somehow manage to get under our skin no matter what. So, I ask you, who is your toxic person? You don't have to name names to be on the safe side. My toxic person is my ex-boyfriend. It never ceases to amaze me how I managed to live with this man for 20 years! He has remained in my life even though we've been broken up for 6 years now. For some reason I lack the strength to cut him completely out of my life, but he annoys me to no end. When things finally reach a point where I cannot take another minute of him I will tell him it's time for him to go. How do you react to your toxic people?
Mine was my best friend from high school. Everything in here life is a drama, and she constantly drags other people into it, making it a very draining relationship. Although I do maintain contact with her, because I am god-mother to her son, after she borrowed a significant amount of money and then declared herself bankrupt so that she didn't have to pay it back, I stopped becoming involved in all her drama's and refuse to give her further monetary assistance.
@worldwise1 (14887)
All too often, kriszelunka, those who proclaim themselves to be your friend will act in a manner that has nothing to do with friendship. You are better off for not having so much contact with her.
I had a friend as a young married mom that was that way. My daughter finally said to me: "Mom, she never was YOUR friend." I guess I set them an example of loyalty from my end of the equation, though.
I just got rid of most of my Toxic People. My mother though, is one that I cannot seem to get rid of. Also, my old neighbor, whom I grew up with. I thought I would be rid of her once she moved, but, she still calls and calls, and comes by my house. I try to have limited contact with her, but she wont go away. My ex husband's mother was my number one toxic person, and my marriage even ended thanks to her. But, Im free of her now, thank god.
@worldwise1 (14887)
Our greatest defense, BellasmamaTiff, is calling upon the power we have within each of us to ultimately make the decisions that are right for us -and acting upon it. I have always struggled with this, but I have reached the point where I feel I owe it to myself to look out for my best interest. Good for you in standing your ground.
@maddysmommy (16233)
Hi worldwise, how is the online class coming along? I haven't had a toxic person in my life since I left my ex 10 years ago so all is good. I may have someone that annoys me from time to time but not enough to really get under my skin :)
@worldwise1 (14887)
Sadly, maddysmommy, I never even got to start my classes because my laptop went kaput on me. By the time I managed to get another computer I had become hopelessly frustrated, so I have decided to pursue other things. You are very fortunate for not having any toxic people in your life.
I avoid my sister most of the time. Too bad, she is my only still living sister. Had to go rescue her after working 18 hours in two days, by getting a thermometer and tissues for my neice. We are talking about a 63 year old and a forty year old, come on. Then I got to hear all the negative news about people I know and do not know. I could have lived without that.
@MsTickle (25051)
Mine is an elderly male relative who constantly says derogatory things about women. His language is so offensive but he is simply not aware he is doing it. He also doesn't care or is not aware that he might be offending people who can hear him. I come away from a visit with him feeling diminished and slightly sickened by the black cloud hanging over me.