Rating a bad response

@know21 (1251)
You ever get a bad response that you know should be rated negative, but you just can't see it in you to do it. No matter how bad it is. You either have to rate positive or not at all. Because you give a bad rating you'll feel bad inside?
@jillhill (37379)
I have only done it once...and I didn't feel bad about it....the response was nasty and down grading...mylot doesn't stand for behavior like that. There are so many wonderful people here....that become wonderful friends, that you don't have to tolerate behavior like that!
@know21 (1251)
I understand giving someone a negative rating for being nasty and down grading, but what about those comments that people send that are only just a few littles words; That you know they could have put more into it. Do you just let it slide and give them a positive rating,or do you think since they didn't no effort at all you give them a negative rating;or none at all. I'm asking this because I would like to know what others do. I 'm not to sure myself how I should be rating these type of responses.
@jillhill (37379)
THen I don't rate them. If someone gives a really good response and I have already chosen best response then I will give someone else a positive...but I don't rate every response.
@capirani (1841)
I also do not rate every response or every discussion I participate in. Most times I forget about rating them. Responses that are neutral or don't say much I don't bother rating.
@rsa101 (24136)
Seldom do I rate negative unless I see the post is badly written or the message is just nonesense to me. I try to be rate positively to almost everybody in here because I believe they all deserve to be rated positively.
@know21 (1251)
Now this response deserves a positive rate. Thanks for responding
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I have no problems giving negatives when they are deserved. I also give a lot of positives and decline to rate others that are in between. I have also been here long enough to get comfortable with what deserves a particular rating. It takes time but eventually you can settle in to a rhythm of how to use the rating system.
@know21 (1251)
Your right; after I'm here for awhile I'll get more into how to rate.
It is normal to feel that way. I am not sure of what I am going to do if it happen to me. I hope I can have patience not to rate negative to the person who made bad comments. There are some people who are just very straight with no reservation when they want to say something, they will really say it bad or good.of course I would say I would feel bad if someone made bad comments and I am not sure yet what am I going to do if ever.
@know21 (1251)
I think if the same person kept doing it over and over again. Then I think I would have to give them a bad rating. Because I know how it sometimes; you want to respond; but you just don't what to say at the time.
@fcangel9 (51)
ive only been here a few days, I didnt even know there was a rating system :-{, i guess there is still alot that i need to learn lol
@micpie94 (358)
sometimes i do feel that way.
@hellcowboy (7380)
I usually have a hard time rating people negative so I will either give positive ratings on no ratings at all,but if I see bad response that deserves a negative rating because they were insulting or doing something else against the guidelines of mylot,than I would have no problem giving them a negative rating and I would not feel bad inside because I would not it was the right thing to do.
@know21 (1251)
Thats the way I usually do it, but sometimes if they only have few words like they just hurried and wrote something down real quick.
Yeah I know sometimes people type short responses or you can tell that they were in a major hurry or that they just wanted to make money and that is kind of annoying if you ask me,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.
@Trace86 (5033)
That is so me! I just can't bring myself to push that little - button. If I can't rate the response +, I just don't rate it. I would feel too mean if I rated someone negative. I like to give out plusses. Sometimes I wish I could give two plusses!
@know21 (1251)
The funny thing is; what would happen if you did give a bad rating? Are they going to come to your house and take computer away so you can't ever give a bad rating ever again? No there not,but some of us just can't put are selfs to do it.
@Trace86 (5033)
Even if nobody ever knew that I gave them a negative rating, I would know. I just can't do it unless there is some serious provocation. And I can't even think of reporting someone without prodding from my friends. I did it once and just felt terrible.
@mommyboo (13197)
I have only rated a response negatively a few times here, and that's only if the response was nasty and purposefully so. I have received responses that have made little to no sense given the original discussion topic, responses entirely in a language other than english (without any precursor or warning or translation), and one or two word or one line responses that clearly violate one of the terms of usage, which is to be more descriptive than one line lol. For the most part, I just ignore these replies, I mean I do read them but I do not comment back to the poster, I don't usually add them as a friend, I don't visit their profile or see what else they have started or responded to, but neither do I rate them negatively. This wouldn't really serve any purpose, low ratings don't make it more likely that somebody will get banned or anything. It certainly doesn't change how somebody posts here.
@capirani (1841)
The only time I give a negative rating is if the person is being mean or nasty, or if they are using bad language that gets thru the filter system here because I don't get the "mature" responses. I also have given a negative rating when the response was so out in left field that it was not even connected with the discussion, or if the topic is really a filthy topic but slipped thru the filters like so many topics seem to do. But mostly those I don't even open so they don't get rated at all...it is only if I have opened it and find out only then that it is filthy.