Is Long Island Ice Tea really tea?

Is Long Island Ice Tea really tea? If so, does Long Island Ice Tea have the same health benefits as other teas, like green tea? Which culture first introduced Long Island Ice Tea?
@palonghorn (5483)
Since it has liquors in it, I wouldn't think it would have the same health benefits as other teas. It does have tea in it, but also other ingredients, that's why it's normally sold in a bar. Not sure who first introduced it, but I would think it is all American.
@v_user (48)
Very deceiving name for a drink, eh? It doesn't have tea in it at all, the name is for its color. It's made with tequila,rum,gin,vodka and triple sec with a splash of cola for color. As the name implies it was first made in Oak Beach Inn in Long Island, New York. I always it was tea and booze, they should have called it Long Island coke :)
@ElicBxn (61143)
Long Island Ice Tea has no tea in it, it is a mix of booze and has all the health benifits of all booze - NONE.