have you ever got beatings from your parents....

i have got a lot....but now i think they were necessary.....what about you....
@devilangelo (4525)
sure i was .. a lot :D .. have to say i was a bad n very naughty kid :D
i too was the same........
@rosey3223 (1569)
I was what you would call abused. I know that many times I did not deserve it even though my mother still says at times that I did. I was not the "perfect" child, but I did not deserve what I got. As an example I was spanked with a fireplace shovel because my sister and I spilled Tang--and orange flavored powder drink mix--on the carpet, and then we got to "lick" it up. I was 7 and I know that I did not deserve that. But it is in the past and I am a woman now, so that is all behind me. And I think that despite what happened I am a good person.
if you thiink so you8 must be a good person......
@juls146 (966)
yeap..i have got...'box i was very very very naughty..and i think now if i have in their place i would have given more,,,how did they tolerate me.... ;). so wat abt u??
i was 11 that time i hit my bro on his head it was bleeding so i was beated by my parents.....very badly they kept me in a dark room for 2 days......
@Tanya8 (1734)
No, my parents just expressed disappointment if I did anything wrong, and that was enough. They expected my sisters and me to be honest and responsible, and we lived up to their expectations. I sometimes wonder when people say they "needed" corporal punishment, if they would have misbehaved as much, if their parents hadn't used it in the first place. There's no way to know of course, but the few people I knew who's parents did use it, tended to be the ones who would sneak out at night or break rules. They became very good at not getting caught. I always felt too guilty to ever consider doing anything my parents would disapprove of. I respected them and did not want to ever risk losing their respect for or trust in me.
Yes, my dad and I got into it quite a few times. All out brawls that would sometimes lead out too the streets with both of us beating the crap out of eachother. I will never lift a finger to my children.
yeah, i was a bad kid it was the only way to discipline me. hell it worked. I am gonna beat my kids. We all should. Yelling doesnt do anything you cna easily tune out for that stuff.
@suzieque (2336)
No I have never got a beating from my parents. However, I have been slapped once for not informing my parents where I went. I put pillows underneath my bed and stayed out until the next morning. So I deserved it. I don't believe a parent should beat a child. I think it's morally wrong. But I think a slap on the wrist or a light slap on the bum if they're really bad is okay.