A house across the sea or around a lake?

France
Which one would you prefer and why?
ocean.. so i could look out and hear the waves and see the birds and dolphins etc
• France
It sounds good
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
i would love to have a house around a lake. a neat little cottage close to the water where i could fish from a good place on the bank.i wouldn't want to be too far from home. i think that would be great. you could meet new friends & have your regular friends come up.sounds good to me.
• France
I like it,can even make bbq around it :)
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
i wouldlove it/ove anything cooked on a grill. it would be a fun lace to have. dream, dreams.
• France
Yes it sounds pretty good
@metschica25 (5405)
Hello Both please !! The lake is closer to me so maybe that ! But I just adore the sea . I love everything about the sea and it is my little oasis of peace . It would be so nice to live on the beach year round and eps in Florida !! This is a dream of mine to be a beach baby and a beach bum poet
• France
It must be great to be able to smell the sea like that every day
@polachicago (19073)
Sea shore always. I was born over the sea shore. I spent at least 20 years of my life over the sea shore. I miss ocean breeze and sound of waves at night. Even now, I have ocean sound played at night to have nice night sleep. I am planing to buy a house or condo over the sea shore.......I would like to have morning walk on the beach.....
• France
I like the sounds of waves very much too as I'd love to have a walk there in the morning but I also appreicate the quiet around a lake
@freedomg (1684)
Lake less hurricane issues. Here in Florida if you live next to the ocean you are the first ones to get hit and honestly it's just not worth it to me. That and lakes are calm,easy to swim/fish in,and a little more privet. Cool topic though.
• France
Yeah I'm kind of dreaming about a house around a lake these days
@JannaLee (660)
Having a house across the sea would be quite dangerous, plus the fact that I'm not a good swimmer. If given a chance,I would like to own a lakehouse...I guess the place is nice and relaxing...
• France
Yeah I guess this is my dream house
i will prefer a house around a lake because a house across a sea will always be disturb by the noice of peoples cars but a house accross a lake will be so quite it will close to nature and also its safe no high tags or torpedo lolz
• France
I like around a lake too
• Finland
Lake because it's a lot easier and more comfortable to swim in a lake than in a sea...
• France
Yes and I also like the calm around a lake
@bombshell (11265)
i preffer across the sea than around the lake.lake has many mosquitos.
• France
Aow I hate them
@bombshell (11265)
me too!
@writersedge (22577)
Lake, easier to paddle a canoe, most of the time because lakes tend to be calmer and have smaller waves than the sea. Flooding is less dramatic, too. Fewer sea monsters like sharks, sting rays, etc. Also if my canoe tips over, I can probably swim a lake, but not a sea.
• France
Yeah it just looks like so calm around a lake and no jellyfish as well!
@williamjisir (22900)
Hello Cannonball. I live in inland. But if I had a chance to get a job in a city close to the sea, I would live to get a house across the sea. Because I love to see the broad sea and I could go to the beach to play with water. Here I use "play", because I don't know how to swim. But I think that I will be able to if I got the chance to live there. lol
• France
Hehe I live not too far from the sea but not just across it. I used to go there a lot when I was younger but now I get a bit bored there however I love the smell of it and the sound of the waves
@saundyl (9686)
I think I'd prefer a cabin/house on a lake not the sea or ocean. This because lakes are smaller bodies of water and less likely to have things like typhoons, hurricanes and other dangers. I really enjoyed the Shuswaps lake as it was nice and deep and less weeds. The other option i would enjoy as a vacation "home" is a houseboat on a lake, no property taxes.
• France
A house across a lake seems to be more peaceful
@maximax8 (30109)
I would love to have a little thatched cottage with a view of the ocean because that would be my dream home. I love to see the ocean and being so near the sea I could if the sea was warm enough go swimming every day. Alternatively I would adore a small beach hut with a thatched roof overlooking a palm fringed beach. I would be able to see the pelicans every day. I would be able to go swimming in the ocean and do some snorkeling around the colorful coral reef.
• France
It seems like a good plan