"Filipinos are worth dying for"

@djoyce71 (2512)
To the Filipinos, tomorrow is the commemoration of Ninoy Aquino's death who was acclaimed as a hero here in the Philippines. I was still young during that time and had no idea about what really happened. What I knew was that Ninoy was an opposition to the Marcos government, a father to Kris Aquino and the husband of Cory Aquino. Did you believe Ninoy when he said, "The Filipinos are Worth Dying For?" What was he trying to fight for before?
@kaezy_kulet (2465)
I am not aware of this things too i am not yet born on that year...i think he was trying to free us from marcoses? from the injustices the unfair trials and laws that the government of marcos has done..
@djoyce71 (2512)
I appreciate your response. Good evening.
@setroc (853)
oh how wrong he was, he should have stayed where he was staying at that time and maybe today be still be alive and see that the filipinos are not worth dying for, we are stupid people, how are we stupid? just look at our government thats how stupid we are, people deserve the kind of government that they have if theyre not doing somethng about it, no hes wrong, well i guess some of us are worth it, those who are like him, truly cares, but the rest, and that includes me, well..not worth even losing an hour of sleep, i dont care about this country, they can, i dont know partition it, or sell it to the chinese, maybe it well prosper then, me given the chance id rather live somewhere else
@djoyce71 (2512)
Well, that's your opinion, I respect. If you really don't care about your country, then why are you still here? You can live somewhere else and change your nationality. I'd rather stay, no matter how many stupid people are in this country, but they are just a few, I guess. Still, majority of the Filipino people aren't stupid.