A Public Apology

By JJ
@myklj999 (33202)
Olney, Illinois
I'd like to take the time to apologize for upsetting a few people here; some of those here I don't care about one bit, and they know who they are. But to all the others here who are my friends, and to others that I don't really know but have said nice things lately, I'm sorry for all the uproar. A few friends were kind enough to remind me that this place isn't real life: thanks for that. And for the kick in the butt and the fish-slap upside the head, too. MyLot can be a great place; hopefully it will stay that way. Have you ever publicly apologized after being an idiot? I just did. And I mean it from my heart.
@trv231 (152)
I am not able to understand what you want to express. if possible please elobrate
@trv231 (152)
Thanks for make me understand little
@Rosekitty (19396)
• San Marcos, Texas
This was an apology he wanted to give to friends here who stuck up for him before you came here so nothing for you to worry about ok...
easily misunderstood irish i though he was being sarky aswell sorry trv theres been alot of arguing and people posting just to get other peoples backs up you just got caught in the middle welsome to mylot if you need any help just ask.
@sweetdesign (5151)
I try to save my apologees for being an idiot for private times lol. No I seriously understand where you are coming from. I hope it all settles down for you and hopefully tomorrow someone else will be the "idiot" of the day and everyone wil forget about all this uproar. Does this mean you are staying on mylot?
@myklj999 (33202)
• Olney, Illinois
Yes. I am indebted to many of you who asked me to reconsider. I should mention: for some reason the discussion was deleted. I'm sure I know who complained, but oh well. Sorry everyone went to the trouble of responding only to have their responses deleted.
Some people just won't let it go? that is just my opinion. Ok everybody now take a deep breath and remember we are all here just to have a good time and make some new friends. Perhaps gain some new knowledge or share some wisdom with others. Also sometimes we all just need a place to vent. But lets not get like an old dog with his bone and not let go of something that needs to be buried.
@fwidman (11515)
I don't recall apologizing publicly for being an idiot, although it is possible. I have been through lots of online drama through the years. Not here though Don't know who you upset, but I hope they accept your apology and move on. This is not real life, just a place to hang out and have fun. I hope they remember that part too
I see you have changed your shoes, fwidman. Were the other pair getting worn out?
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Hello fwidman, I surely miss those sexy stiletto. These feet are too unsexy please go back to the original. Kerry
@fwidman (11515)
bluerubymoon53. You know one can never have enough pairs of high heels! kerriann, I will have to see where them shoes went. I think they walked off somewhere
Oh! Mike your such a sweet guy! I know that you just want to come here and have fun! We all do! I am not sure what uproar was all about! But I am glad to see that you have several very good friends here that stick by your side. True friendship is priceless! Now can we start talking about how your Alien again.. LOL that was funny...
@mands61123 (2098)
It's been getting alot of people that i really like on here down recently and thats such a sad thing. I think i said it one of the posts i have enough crap to deal with in life - this is a fantastic escape from all that or thats what it should be. I'm glad your staying I think loosing you considering what an active member you are and the quality of which you contribute to this site would have been a sad loss for all. It takes a very mature person to hold their hands up and say sorry as oppose to pretending it didn't happen and hoping it doesn't get mentioned and eventually swept under the carpet. I haven't ever had to publically apologise but i have learned as i've got older to think before i speak and not automatically say whatever comes into my head. To not get involved and that people do not always want to hear the truth. Glad you decided to stay hun looking forward to your future discussions!
you two a carzy lmao the trv231 comment i took that way aswell but now i feel tight cos i don't think thats how he meant it lol i think he really didn't understand lol poor love
blah canni type *are crrraaazzyyyy*
aww thats sweet lou
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Some of those here I don't care about one bit, and they know who they are. I am wondering if I fall inside this category because whenever I wrote in your discussions there are no answer from you but others above and below get a response. So can you mykij999 tell me if I fall inside this category. Kerry
@myklj999 (33202)
• Olney, Illinois
No, you don't. I saw your responses and appreciated them; I was going to attempt to go through and thank everyone in one way or another, but my last two discussions were deleted. We've never had an argument that I recall, so I don't think you're anywhere near that catagory. Sorry if I made you feel otherwise.
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
It is good to know.
@skinnychick (6906)
I don't think I have ever had to publicly apologize, at least not yet! :) Hopefully not anytime soon either. I wasn't here and don't know what happened but I'm friends with all that I think are involved and I'm going with that. But it's big of you to apologize, and I'm here for you if you need anything. We are, after all in the same state, though I have no clue where the heck your city is. LOL :)
@4aps777 (1528)
glade to see that you are staying,dont let those people bother you.
I have, and it made me a better person. Humbling yourself will garner more respect than sympathy. Glad to have you back.
@bamakelly (5193)
I have apologized to people for things I wasn't proud of. However I don't remember if I ever made a public apology. I will say that it takes a brave person to admit that they needed to apologize. You seem like a good man. Remember that life goes on and now you can continue on myLot with a different approach. You still have your opinions though and we all do. We come here to correspond and make a little money.
@Trace86 (5033)
I am so glad that you reconsidered and decided to stay! You would have been missed greatly! Just forget what happened, ignore the jerks and keep posting your good discussions. Your real friends will take care of the rest! I had to apologize at work a few years ago for freaking out. Everyone was just really nice about it and forgave me right away. They all knew that I was hormonal anyway.
@Trace86 (5033)
Thanks for best response. Are things going better now?
@sweetie1026 (1723)
That is great, now we can all enjoy it here. Glad that you really reconsidered, though,i am one of those you really don't know but we are friends in here now. I enjoy it here in mylot and i like responding to your discussions, that is if i have something to say. Otherwise, i just read on. A nice day ahead!
Well I for one don't accept your apology!!! You had me all in an uproar, thinking I was about to lose another one of my best friends here. I'm going to follow you and rate every last comment you ever post negative ahhahahah!!!! ....You know I'm just playing, right lol? MyLot can be a great place; hopefully it will stay that way. Remember, its people like us that keep what little greatness that you can find here. Those of us that rage against the machine of conformist trolls that fight any opinion that is not their own. If we were all to bow to their "Star" Wars as someone called it, and leave, there would be nothing left but them. They would win. Now, as crazy as we are we can't have that, can we? And to answer your question, yes I have had to publicly apologize, on National TV no less. I have been on the Maury Show a total of four times. The initial show was a paternity test for a doubting baby daddy, not me because I knew who I had been with. The two following that were updates on how the family was doing. The last show I was on was for a woman from his past, who said she also had a baby by him. The child was at the time seven years old. Being back with this man, I believed wholeheartedly in what he said. That the timing didn't add up, that he was in jail when she got pregnant. That she even told him the child wasn't his. So when we went on the show, I stood by him and bad mouthed this woman. I didn't say anything directed towards her, I just said that she was a liar and just wanted to be on TV because she saw our show. Plus the child looked nothing like him. But I was in for a shock, it turned out that he was the father of that child. Instead of just running off stage in shame, I did what a stand-up woman would do. I apologized to her for what I said... then I ran off stage to cuss him out, then I tried to find an exit off the set! (I swear they have the set feng-shui'ed so you always come to the couch area!!!)
• Regina, Saskatchewan
In the words of the Dixie Chicks: "Forgive, sounds good Forget, I'm not sure I could They say time heals everything But I'm still waiting I'm through with doubt There's nothing left for me to figure out I've paid a price And I'll keep paying I'm not ready to make nice I'm not ready to back down I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time to go round and round and round It's too late to make it right I probably wouldn't if I could 'Cause I'm mad as hell Can't bring myself to do what it is you think I should" Some apologies hold no weight anymore. I'm sure you feel the same. Or at least that's what this post sounds like. JMO and everyone's entitled to that right? Didn't think so.*sigh*
hey swets. Bitterness is like a nuse tied around your own neck. untie the knot and let it fall. All will be well. You've got your friends, let the rest go:) ((hugs))
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Hey edgy - tried that and look where it got my friends, not to mention me?*sigh* This has been my only real word here on any of this and you bet I'm angry. But you are also right, and yes, I'll now let it go. Thank you.
more (((hugs)))
@valeria1 (2723)
Myklj999, I think you are a very smart guy and seems people love your more than hate you. I have many friends that are your friends and they are very good people to be hurt! I could see many of them very upset for your decision of leaving! Keep your good friends and select the ones that truly are good people. I accept your public apology if you offer me friendship, hahahahaha! Checkmate! Glad you are back!
@myklj999 (33202)
• Olney, Illinois
Hello there. I know better than to ignore your responses now.
@valeria1 (2723)
LOL, You are right! Thank you for not ingnoring my post! hahahaha! And of course I accept your public apology and thank you for the friend's request! I knew you were a very smart guy, I was right again!
@aureliaz (1179)
Hmm...I am not a very frequent user of Mylot so I'm afraid I do not understand the full details- who you pissed off, how, why, what et cetera, but I just wanted to say that I think it's a courageous and humble move to apologize publicly like this. Indeed, I have found that my true friends are those who are not afraid to whack me up down left right and center when I'm acting like a biatch/idiot and that a public and sincere apology is always healthy and repairs many bridges. I hope it has been the same for you. Take care!
@CJay77 (4438)
I just did then! I post the same discussion accidently and I feel so bad for being such an Idiot.... And I dont know how to deleted, but I guess I've learned from that.
@vanities (11410)
• Davao, Philippines
acceptance and making the move to apologize is the coolest thing you had done here and i admire you for that!!well in my case no..i havent done anything foolish yetbut if i do surely i will do as what you done here..
@roanne05 (1291)
• Oman
i have not done it yet..public apology is quit a tough one...hands up for you to have this public apology...
Hi myklj. So glad that you've changed your mind into leaving mylot. Welcome back and please stay put here Happy mylotting and have a nice day!!