Have you ever stopped writing a diary? How do you feel when you read it again?

@LittleMel (14036)
We used to have a storage but to minimize expenses we decided to close it and move all the stuffs there to home. I was trying to make space and going through a box of books when I found an old diary of mine. I used to write it regularly, but something happened (and I can't remember what) 3 years ago I stopped writing. I opened it and read the last few pages then closed it. It's so much memory and I don't have time I have a lot to do now, that's what I thought. Have you ever had a diary? When did you stop writing it? Do you still keep it and read it sometimes? How do you feel when you read it again after so long?
@rbailey83 (1400)
i used to write in a diary almost every day, i stopped several years ago, i just got to a point where i couldn't get the motivation to even write anymore, i read a few pages from it, and found it depressing just because not much has changed sinced then
@LittleMel (14036)
the last few pages are enough to remind me about some emotional things and I just don't want to get too emotional not now when I have a lot to do in the house
@rbailey83 (1400)
sometimes it is not worth it to go back to some memories, i guess that can be the downside to a diary if your just reading to see what you wrote such a long time ago and then bam there's a bad memory you would rather have left forgotten, the only time i have ever read what was written was after i had put it aside and found it, i never read it once i have written in it until that situation occurs
@LittleMel (14036)
you're right. some things are better left in the past.
@m_rdzy (233)
I'm usually start writing or look over my diary during the beginning of the year, after a while it's decreasing my intention until the year end ... hehhe
@LittleMel (14036)
yea there were times I just loved writing it but then there were also times I was so lazy I didn't write for weeks
The last time I religiously kept a diary was when I was in high school. I still write at times though but not as often nor as detailed as then. I really find it entertaining and I realize I like myself when I read my diary. I get to look back and see the way I thought then. I get to relearn from mistakes and actually appreciate the 'wisdom' I had even at a young age. I would like to keep a diary again, if only for the entertainment it will bring me in a few year's time.
@LittleMel (14036)
yea happy times make me smile when I read it again but I don't want to read the sad ones I'll get emotional and can't focus on what I need to do around the house
@brisk123 (2826)
When I was in high school,I used to write diary and would note down every incident and every happening about each and every day in my life.I still read them till sometime back.It is 5-6 years back now since I last wrote a diary.I don't keep diary anymore.My life is like an open chapter and it is transparent to everyone.I guess, I got too busy with my schedules but I still would love to keep one again.So that one fine day, when I grow old,I can open the chapters of my life and cherish the life that I had live.
@LittleMel (14036)
6 years wow that's a long time I had a few diaries I burned one before I moved the one that I found was actually a new one I started 8 years ago I think