Can anybody explain how "cyclers" work?

@philjas (1134)
I hear this term, cycler, but I don't understand how they work. They cost money to join but some are really cheap, like $2, and they say you can make money without referring. Anybody have any experience with them?
@know21 (1251)
This is the first time I have heard of this term.Can you explain it more detail?
@philjas (1134)
Well I still don't quite understand it but I joined one last night. I spent $6, I think when more people join you get pushed to the top (you don't have to get referrals YOURSELF, which is why I found this appealing.) When you "cycle" you get paid more than you put in, but I'm not sure how much. It's cheap and on the message board where I found it it looks like everybody who's joined and cycled and been paid already, so I figured I'd risk the $6 to try it.
@philjas (1134)
Well I "cycled" and my money doubled. I reinvested it to earn more. So far so good with this one!
@know21 (1251)
What site is this. I would like to join. Can you PM me the site please?