What's opinion on the beggars?

China
In my country,there're certain number of people who seems as the beggars,they just sit even sleep on the streets, the pedestrian ways, the overbridges to beg for some money to feed themselves or their illness children.If you're coming aross these people,will you give them some or just ignore?
@James72 (26829)
I lived in India for a year and came across beggars like this pretty much every single day. What a lot of people don't also realize is that begging in some countries like India is BIG business. It is organized and controlled and generates literally tens of millions of dollars per year; if not billions. I did not give money to beggars requesting it no; but I would sometimes give money to people that did not ask for it.
You just mentioned some group biz,I do think so~`A certain part of the beggars are compelled to stand in the street asking money,or they're torture by the group.
@marciascott (25553)
Really? I didn't know that that was a big Bussieness in India.
May be the truth in my country.
I feel we should not entertain beggers by giving money. Its pity to seem them in such condition but we should work together to eradicate poverty. Just giving them a penny will not help, but would build confidence in them that then can earn from such easy means. We need to teach them to earn and live a dignified life. Its we and Govt which should look into the matter and act. What do you feel?
Yes,from the point of theory,I agree with you.However,the fact is a certain part of beggers are forced to bag by someone or even some groups.That's why I think we could not help them just for teach them how to earn or sth like that,Govnt should eradicate these groups.
Well its not easy for the Govt to set that right. I think we need to think a new solution. How about things in China?
@marciascott (25553)
There are people like this all over the world. Some people all they have to do is go out and find work. or do somethings to earn money from people like a few chores or something.
That's right.Thanks for sharing with us~
@nengs10 (3188)
I choose the beggars to whom I would spare a little amount of money. There are some beggars who look fit to look for a job yet stayed in the streets asking for small money. I pity the young and old ones. Above all, the government should assist them and give them jobs for them to stop what they're doing.
Aha,the gov't sometimes can not spare some much time to help or assit them,that may be the truth.lol
@Sreekala (32783)
When I read your question I thought that you are from India. So I chekced your profile I came to know that you are from China. So beggars are active in everywhere. I will give money to physically handicapped people and sometimes give to small kids otherwise I just ignore. We can't give money all of them.
Wow,it's pretty good at watching!Thanks for sharing~`
I have offered beggars / bums / homeless people items instead of money. For example: a packet of biscuits, fresh fruit or vegetables, pillows, blankets, socks, jumpers etc. I have seen what they spend 'cash' on - so I refuse to give them money. I only offer them items that can assist their hunger and comfort etc.
It's very nice for you to do this,I think it'll be better than just giving them some penny.Thanks~