Angels: The Real Thing??

By JJ
@myklj999 (40595)
As usual, this discussion comes out of another I made. I wrote one about Satan and his side of the story; a friend suggested I do one about Angels too. The only problem being that anyone that is not a believer in God can easily play the part of the Devil; talking serious about Angels would require much study from me, and I don't think I could do it justice because of being an agnostic. I couldn't approach it without some bias. So I'm going to talk about the other Angels: the ones in everyday life. They have no wings or halos, but are considered by many to be angels anyway. These are the people who go out of their way to help their friends and neighbors; sometimes to even help complete strangers. And they do it with no thought of reward except for the feeling of peace and goodwill that it gives them. These "unseen" angels are all around us; you've probably passed many on the street and never given it a second though. But they are there. They are the ones who look in on the old person down the street; they volunteer time at homeless shelters; they give of their time and money just to help someone else, because they think that maybe, just maybe, it will make their little corner of the world shine a little brighter somehow. I would like to salute thee, Angels; you do make this world a better place. And I thank you. Have you ever met an Angel?
I have meet alot of Angels in my life and not all of them have had Halos either and a few have horns holding up their halo. I am under the idea that you never know who your fellow man may be thus you could be entertaining an Angel and not even know it. I am sure that if there is a God then he would either walk amonst his creation or have emmisaries that do and that being my belief I try to help whenever I can. Thank you for the interesting topic and I share your appriciation to these "angels" that are all around us. Have a great day!!
One day on my way to work, something on my car broke and there I was in the middle of a busy street unable to move. I'm not mechanical so don't have a clue what it was, only that it required towing. While I sat there helpless from nowhere came two young men, one white, one black, who offered to push my car into a nearby gas station parking lot and didn't want anything for their service. I considered them Angels. After the car was parked, I started walking to work (it was fairly close) when the minister from the church I attend came along and took me to my destination. He told me another one of the church members had seen me and had called him. What could have been a big mess turned out to be not so bad, except for the cost to repair the car.
@biggerb (2028)
Hi! I do believe that there are Angels all around us in disguise.They may not have wings and halos but the modern day angels are so powerful and practical that they can help you deal with day to day obstacles.We need to sense the angels in our midst.God may not materialize before us in all his glory in times of crisis or despair but rest assured he will send his angels to care for us.A brief meeting that gave me strength I needed to survive, words of courage from a face I never saw again,a small act of kindness that made a tremendous impact - these are all indications that an angel has touched my life and treated me to the magic of a miracle.Today God employs angels of flesh and blood they come in all forms, shapes and sizes but they are not difficult to identify.These angels affect with simplest of actions and deeds like the man who held the door for you because you were weighed down with packages, the school teacher who helped you conquer your fears and instilled confidence in you.These angels put a smile on your face expecting nothing in return.We should reach out and help somebody and get in touch with the angel in ourselves.
@edujccz (929)
Yes, Everytime I need one, God always send me an angel, actually I had one in the house, they are quiet people who never ask in return but truly gives. Thanks for your topic and may God bless you.
@mikinikih (201)
I'm lucky to be surrounded by angels. I know dozens of people who commit themselves to nonprofit organizations, without any return. Then there's an angel in the truest form, my friend's daughter Sophie. Sophie passed away last October from a pediatric brain tumor (she was 4). Now her parents run a not-for-profit in her honor. Their foundation funds grants for pediatric brain cancer research, gives to St. Judes so other families can receive treatment, and donates meals to local families who have children undergoing chemotherapy. And I am honored to call all of these angels my friends. They constantly remind me to count the blessings in my life; so even when times are tough, I have a lot to be grateful for. Do you have angels you know, or just the ones you hear about? Have you personally been touched by one of these angels?
@Chevee (5914)
I believe in angels, I believe that everyone has a guardian angel that looks after them. Just think of all the good things that has happen to you. Think of an accident that was avoided. Think of the time you didn't have a certain something and it turned up. There is good and there is evil an explanation for both. Your angel was in the form of the people at the bar that gave you the gifts for Christmas, do you think Satan would take the time to make you so happy that it would bring tears to your eyes..Can you explain that one. You have a heart, you have a conscious, you have a soft side. You just don't want us to see it. I believe life have dealt you a hard blow and you refuse to let anyone in. Knock Knock whose there angel angel who angel you the one.
@sweetie1026 (1723)
Hi! Haven't been on here for a few days and i find it so interesting that you always end up with such great discussions. It seems to me that you are a gifted writer that may not know it but maybe you should try it. Anyway to answer your question, i haven't really but i consider my friends angels. I do because if not for them i am not where i am right now. Of all the trials and hardships i have gone trough after my seperation from my husband, they have been with me through thick and thin. I have stayed in the right path because of their support and guidance. Never minding their long time and effort spent just trying to make me feel better.Sometimes, even sacrificing their own interest just to make sure that i and my girls are doing fine. But i am not forgetting these people that you are talking about, the real angels. I know some of them but never have encountered one myself. I know one who have been helping another to survive modestly in his everyday life when he himself is not that well off, but has the heart to share what he has. Yes, they make other people's world shine better and they are not waiting for any recognition what so ever. They sure make this world a better place, i hope that they increase in number. Thank you! Nice day to you.
@Ravenladyj (22920)
I've been blessed to have met several angels in my life at various given times AND i've been honoured to also have been called an angel by different ppl over the yrs..IMO the "wingless" angels that you are speaking of are the MOST important ones out there and the ones that deserve the most recognition and so on..
@Rosekitty (19394)
• San Marcos, Texas
Maybe?....I know alot of people that help others..that do things beyond whats needed.. I also know a Guy that tattoo's named Angel..could he be one?..LOL..I need an Angel right now to help me cook dinner..someone asked for it...
hi myklj999 oh yes I have met several of these kind of angels. One was the hispanic cab driver one day who took me from Vons store with all my sacks of groceries to my apartment, then helped me carry my groceries to my apt door, then when I tried to give him the fare, just shook his head and said, have a nice day mama. I didnt even know his name, and the fare was only six dollars and some cents, but it was that sweetness, that helpfulness that shone from him, and uplifted me like crazy. another angel is my best friend Nelda who when she heard my son had lost his job, and we were having a lot of financial problems just said she had some extra pills of the kind I was taking and would bring them by that Saturday. myklj she and her son came carrying at least ten sacks of groceries plus the pills . I was just overwhelmed, and thanks did not seem to cover it. so I know there are angels living among us doing their sweet kind deeds all the time. I thank you all of you wherever you are.
just wanted to say a great discussion thanks for putting it out for us to recognize the everyday angels we all meet at times.
Hi myklj999, Oh yes, I have met an Angel, many years ago when I came back from my holiday(vacation) I got off the train and struggled with my heavy suitcase walking up the ramp coming out of the station, my two friends were struggling with their suitcases as well but they were bigger then me, there I was lugging this great big case way behind my friends when all of a sudden someone has just lifted my suitcase and walked off with it, so I walked a little faster and walked right passed my friends and they sort of give me a funny look wondering why I was walking faster than them, then they relised wwhat was happening and my friend started laughing and poor Anel was so embarssed and he put my suitcase right at the top so I won't have struggle anymore and just walked away before I could thank him. I will never forget his knidness, so I've an Angel. Tamara
@Chevee (5914)
You go girl
@focjop20 (233)
• Puerto Rico
The only angels are in Heavens, the ones on earth or in your head can be the devil, any way.
@LadyMarissa (12160)
You just proved that there are MORE facets to this diamond than the naked eye can see!!! Your mind fascinates me!!! May God bless the angels of which you speak!!! These angels are definitely our heros!!!
Angels are difficult to talk about - some believe, others don't. Personally, i don't believe in the mystical angels from above, but i believe everyone has the potential to be an angel.
@getnbuy (1314)
I am surrounded by angels. I live in the most fabulous neighborhood! Everyone looks out for eachother. Recently, all of the young people got together and came and cleaned up my back yard and painted my fence! My husband has prostate cancer and can't do the yard work These kids were getting an early start on their angel-hood. God bless them and their parents!
@GemmaR (8521)
I strongly believe that a couple of my closest friends are angels. Especially one of them. I'm not going to go into too much detail on here, but I feel as though he's helped me a lot with my religion, and helped me to get a lot closer to God. He's also always there for me, always helping me out and the like. He really is amazing.
After reading your topic, I think we should not wait for an angel rather we should be an Angel for the needy, under privileged and deprived people. Thanks for opening my eyes.
angels are real..
in my perspective, everyone will be an angel or a devil at some points of their time. whether a person is an angel or a devil can only be judged by his or her action at the particular time. i did meet an angel. i still remember my first day at college, whereby i lost my way. everyone was rushing for their own classes and no one would even care about me. then she came and without any asking, she asked me for my study block and lead me there. an angel do not have to do any heroic actions, but some minor action that moved the person they are helping.
@irishidid (8714)
From the perspective you are giving, yes I have met two angels. They got me through Christmas when my kids were small. Without them my children would have gotten nothing. Although I'm not in a position to help anyone I hope one day to be able to make a grand Christmas for some kids.