"Indo-US Nuclear deal" Is it worth for the people

The so called 123 deal is now before the NSG.How do people react to this deal.Is it good for both the nations.I personally feel that the deal is good for India as it s energy needs are increasing day by day.
Frankly speaking I have no idea. I have been reading about it in the newspapers from different sectors of people. Political parties for the deal and putting their case forward as to why the deal is beneficial for India while parties against it have their own reasons. I trust no political party so I always take their views with a pinch of salt. Then there are the experts who write columns and articles in various media and speak on TV channels about their views and the pros and cons of the deal. Again I do not understand their scientific and economic jargon…its too complicated and flat for me. What I need to know is an apolitical, neutral and layman view of the deal and its implications for our country. Yes, India needs energy but with so much natural diversity in our own country, can we not meet our own demands. And of course the USA is not doing charity here…what’s in the deal for them, I want to know. There are many grey areas in the deal which needs proper sorting out before we take the plunge.
Thanks Sudipta for your comments.I'm sorry to tell you that India don't have any Uranium as a naturally available mineral.The 123 deal is all about giving nuclear fuel to our country,not only USA but also other nations in the NSG group.I agree with for the fact there are some pros and cons in the deal.But for a good thing to happen there is nothing wrong in sacrificing a little bit of your freedom.Now itself we are facing severe power shortage,only nuclear fuel can meet our demands.Its for a good cause.
Guys The NSG has waived the N-deal for India.Feel proud of our nation.God Bless all.