Is the Electric Chair "Cruel and Unusual" punishment?

@myklj999 (38382)
Olney, Illinois
What about the gas chamber? Hanging? Lethal injection? Firing squad? If you had to die, which would you pick? Why?
@manzician (4733)
Its actually very cruel...
@myklj999 (38382)
• Olney, Illinois
.....but does it act as a deterrent to crime, do you think?
@macubx (11421)
Ill pick the Electric chair.. hmmm naahh i think Firing Squad ia more painful.. i just wanna feel something terrible before i die..
@myklj999 (38382)
• Olney, Illinois
And the winner is.........
• Netherlands
I don't see how an electric chair, firing squad or lethal injection is cruel or unusual. I don't get the term unusual in this context because how is it unusual? Since these have been used through out the ages.... Cruel no, they are pretty fast and less painful then the way most of them killed others I am sure.... I think that they are too easy of an out for some killers. Some of the more sadistic criminals ought to be given a little of their own medicine. If they turn out to be equal parts massochist as well.... then they need a stronger dose. Not allow them to die right away as most punishments listed do.... What knowledge then do they receive? They ought to experience what it was like for their victims. But maybe I am a little over thr top but it is my opinion.
@LadyCroft (704)
Apart from lethal injection they are all cruelk and unusual ways of killing someone, but bearing in mind that these people are criminals and very possibly had someone else suffer the same or worse fate. I believe in Capital Punishment wholeheartedly, but one thing confuses me???? Why do they streilise the needle before using to kill someone???? :D