single parents

@camomom (7536)
i see so many single moms everyday in my life, where are the dads? are they that scared of being a parent? do they think since they didn't carry the child for 9 months that they don't need to stick around to take care of them?whyaren't there as many single dads? i completely respect single parents but why is there such a big difference between moms and dads?
I think the dads are worried about their status.they are worried that they might not find what they call their "dream girl" that they can date.they are worried that the "dream girl" will be turned off when she finds out about the child.they are worried that their marketability are going to plummet and they will be dateless forever.I think men are scared of big responsibilities,like raising a child.
@camomom (7536)
All very good points. Thank you.
I am a single mom of two. I am not a person that just slept with some guy and hoped not to get pregnant! I was married for 5 years! My daughter is almost 3 and my son is 1. I left my husband when I was 1 month preg on my son! I didnt know I was pregnant at the time! But that would not have changed my mind! My ex-husband wanted to be there for the kids but only when he was high or when he was bored. I chose to let him have nothing to do with the children for there safety! I know that there are alot more single mothers out there then fathers. I think that women are just more of the parenting type then men. I know that there are single fathers out there and i greatly respect them! In the court system unless the father can prove the mother unfit the mother normaly gets the children! Im not sure Y this is but i know that its true! I have a friend who wants his children but the mother of them sais no. He took her to court and the children even said they wanted to live with there dad. He lost because he couldnt prove her unfit! All he got was weekends!
It is so much easier for the dads to skip out . The mother becomes a mother the day she finds out she is pregnant , she carries this child around with her for nine months before anyone else gets to have any interaction with the child therefore making it easier for dads to skip out on their responsibilies . They seem to feel that since they are not having the baby they don't have to be responsible as they can say it isn't their child and without a DNA test , you can't prove it is . Men like this are deadbeats they don't deserve to be fathers . It is sad that there are so many children without fathers because of this .
@camomom (7536)
Exactlt, I think there is a big difference between being a father and being a dad or daddy. Anyone can be a father. Few can be Dad's or Daddy's.