Celebrities and Politics

@celestos (814)
I am sure this has been addressed already but I couldn't find it. I wanted to know what others thought about the ridiculous things some celebrities have said concerning the presidential race. Who do you think has a point? Who do you think is full of themselves and should they even be so involved in politics or should they stick to their movies and music?
@xfahctor (14126)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
While they have the right to speak their mind, an old saying comes to mind. "Better to keep you mouth shut and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and prove it." There are very few in the entertainment industry it seems who know at all what their talking about. I swear it has nothing to do with being an advocate, they are just trying to look clever and most times it back fires and makes them look even dumber. A few should have been procecuted for sedition or treason (Sean Penn, Jane Fonda). They touch on an emotional issue, pretend to be all passionate, spout a bunch of garbage expousing it as fact and *poof*, instant hero.
@celestos (814)
I agree with you.I do find it funny that most celebrities however that have played in shadows for other presidential races are now crawling out to throw in their two cents. It is nice to see people who can wipe their butts on twentys being so political for once:)
They're entitled to their opinions and they have a right to speak out their minds. Maybe some of them sound ridiculous and crazy, but its their right. It just so happened that they're celebrities and their opinions are REALLY heard but there are more out there who has crazier views about politics. lets just be thankful that we only have to deal with a few.
@ronaldinu (12439)
• Malta
I think everybody has the freedom to say what s/he likes about politics. It;s up for the others to evaluate and judge if what the actors said is crap or not. The Political parties are going to use the image of these actors to benefit their own propaganda.