Transvestite Top Model

@mimico (3618)
Hello there, I'd like to know what you think of having a transvestite top model. I've been watching Season 11 of American's Next Top Model and one of the contestants, Isis, is actually a female born into a man's body. She's not pretty and her voice is still somehow male. She also gets hormonal injections regularly to look more like a girl. I really admire her because of her strong character. I don't fault her for wanting to be female. But many people, including some of the contestants on the show, criticize her for daring to be a model when she isn't even a girl. What are your thoughts on this? Can a transvestite become a top model? What about a beauty queen?
@iskayz (5422)
Hi again! A tranvestite model?? Well, they can be accepted as a model but a beauty queen, I don't think so. Beauty pageants are for real women only and that's the first and foremost requiement if you're going to compete. Unless there will be beauty pageants for transvestite hehe Ciao!
There is a beauty pageant every year for transvestites. Some of them are really quite lovely to look at.*S*
@mimico (3618)
That's true. There are also gay beauty pageants going on. I've seen one before. It was really entertaining. I think the 'fake' girls are more interesting than the real girls. And they're a lot more talented to boot!
@iskayz (5422)
Hi thebohemianheart! There is a beauty peageant for transvestite? You mean real beauty pegeant? Where? Oh I would love to watch it. Some transvestite are more prettier than real girls hehe. I have watch some transvestite peagants too but its during town fiestas only and its not really an official beauty pegeant.
@rainmark (4302)
I miss it again, Im always watching American Next top model but i miss the season 1, when is the schedule again? So i can hide the remote control from my husband, coz sometimes the other channel played Top gear which my husband favorite show. This is the one that i must need to see lolz.
@mimico (3618)
Hey, it's season 11 already! I never watched the other seasons though but I like this one so maybe I'll watch the older shows next time. Anyway, I just download the episodes online. I love torrents! They're the best!
@Sarah1108 (310)
I have to say i like Isis! I think she has a lot of strength and i think she might be able to go far on the show. I dont think she will win it because she might have problems booking shows and things just because people will judge her before really getting to know her. i think they other girls in the house need to step back and think "tyra wanted this girl here" she didnt go out and find any of the other ones they came wanting to her on her show. Isis is already ahead by a few steps. i think head on she is not that pretty and she needs to work on her style but i saw a profile shot of her and she looked very good. i dont see a man when i look at her i see a young girl.
@mimico (3618)
Well I'm glad there are people rooting for Isis as well. What you said is true: I don't think she'll win either. Last night I was watching the swim suit episode and though she was able to pull it off well, her poses weren't up to par. I think if she gets her surgery she'll be able to find more opportunities but until then, she doesn't have a chance. Maybe she's great just as a background girl...
@Tianna2 (1273)
Hi Mimico, I dont watch America's next top model but if she is good enough then why not? I would like to see her win just because of how brave she must be to go through all of the tests and training to become a model. That said, I dont think she should be given any special treatment just because of who she is. But if she can compete with the other models on a level playing field, she should be given every oportunity to do so. I do admire anyone that would endure all of the controversy to compete in such an event and I hope she wins! Hugs, Tianna
@mimico (3618)
Hi Tianna, that's such a great answer coming from you. It makes sense and seems really fair the way you put it. It's exactly how I feel. :) So far all the responses show that I'm not alone in my sentiments. i hope other girls will be able to accept 'different' girls as well.
@reoko10 (578)
See this is the stuff I can't stand people criticizing other people just because they don't look the way they want them to or because they are doing what they want to do. It's a sad thing when you can welcome some one in because of what they are or what they use to be or what they are now. The other girls should not be worring about this women. Some people can be so mean.
@mimico (3618)
I totally agree with you! I actually got into a mini argument with a good friend over this. Were talking about the show and she was grossed that there was a trans gender model on the show. I don't know why some people can't accept differences. For me, it's what makes each one of us special. Anyway, I'm glad that you agree with me and that not all girls are so closed minded!
Why not! I don't have a problem with transvestites or any one that chooses an alternative lifestyle. I mean as long as she meets the criteria of what they are looking (in the looks and talent department) for they why the heck not! I think people should worry about themselves and stop judging others for not measuring up to there personal standards!