But I Want To!

By JJ
@myklj999 (33936)
Olney, Illinois
Dammit. I hit 5000 and I really want to make a post about it to congratulate myself and give me a pat on the back, but myLot discussion guidelines forbid that type of discussion. Bummer. So I guess this discussion won't be about that. Instead, I guess this will be about new users requesting friends. (I know; boring, isn't it?) After all the excitement from today's "hacker" scare, I imagine there are going to be many of us who are going to begin to take a much closer look at new users before we accept them as friends. I've always been a little leery of accepting them anyway, but I have decided that (for now at least) I am not going to accept any new friends with under 100 posts. I have more than I can deal with anyway, so it is really just an excuse to deny people. I hope I don't offend anyone by doing this, but people are just going to have to prove themselves to me before I accept them (for now anyway). Did today's "hacker" scare make you think about who you accept as a friend here and change how you will decide to accept people?
@flowerchilde (12534)
I never even thought of it! But then, I am a bit known for being gullible..
As long as you post quality discussions and do not violate my lot guidelines, and make as many discussions as possible, and respond to as many discussions, any and all posts are good for your earnings. I know that my lot is not a scam. I can show you proof, if you want to pm me. Just keep posting as much as you can and you will soon reach pay out, I am sure. Happy my lotting.
@myklj999 (33936)
• Olney, Illinois
Wow, thanks for all those tips! I really think I am gonna like it here. lol
@madasp (563)
LMAO mykl
To be clear about things, I am not congratulating you on hitting 5000. I am not proud to know someone who has hung in there that long. I'm not even going to be really happy that so many of us have been made to smile, laugh, and even heartily guffaw because you've been on the Lot for so long. Even when you try to act like a total Bozo, the giggles shine through, and you make our lives all that much richer! I won't tell you I appreciate you. And I won't send you any love on which to build the next 5000! Not your friend, Not Joanne
How on earth did I miss puting you on my friends list? I'm almost at 1500, so won't you be my friend, please?
tee hee! We painselves into some funny corners sometimes!
@aprces (1082)
[quote]"mylot discussion guidelines forbid that type of discussion"Why? Just to prevent too much requesting friends? If this is a really fact,I know it too late.But I still think you are right.Even though somebody has posted more than 100 posts,then it means what? You must become one of his friends? Of course not.I think the same hobby is the key.
Welcome to myLot. I think before you post on any website you need to read the rules. It clearly states under discussion DONTS "Start discussions promoting a milestone, such as birthdays, anniversaries, reaching a certain myLot rating, etc. This is best celebrated via private messaging with your myLot friends." That is what my clever friend was refering to!
@aprces (1082)
I really do not read the rules.Thank you for your reminding me,I'll do some remedial work.Now I see.Even though anybody want to celebrate something banned in forum,they can only announce stealthily.
@checapricorn (16065)
[i]Hi myklj, Honestly, I am glad with a friend of mine who respond in my post and mention about it and I tried to search any post related to that and I found yours..It scares me a lot also, imagine, if our account will be hacked and we work hard to this..Gosh! ANyway, I also want to warn my friends and since it will be impossible to PM them all, I decided to start a post! ANyway, I even mention your name in my post..forgive me if I spell it wrong..Sorry! LOL! I write it there "mykylj" ANyway, I have 6 pending request now and before I just approve right away, not now! LOL![/i]
ohhhh...Congratulations for that achievements!Sorry I was carried away with the hacker topic! LOL!
@Opal26 (17686)
Hi mykl, Actually, I have been a bit leery lately about some of the friend requests that I have been getting. Suddenly for the last few weeks I have been getting a lot of friend requests with very very low posts and I have no idea how they could have possibly even gotten my name when I don't even start discussions. How would they even know of me with a 9 posting? I am really getting suspicious and am starting to not want to accept posters with such low posting numbers. I was accepting them, but not really feeling comfortable doing so. Now I am even less comfortable since this latest hacker thing. It was kind of like a game of telephone the way everyone posted the discussions to warn each other about it. I thought that was pretty cool! I thought mylots multiple alerts did the trick too!
@Opal26 (17686)
Oh yea congrats on 5000! I just made 2000!
@fwidman (11515)
I'd like to congratulate you on reaching such a milestone, but that's probably not right either, so instead I will answer the question you posed. Nope, it didn't scare me at all. I do go look at their profiles before I accept their request
@Rosekitty (19396)
• San Marcos, Texas
Since he can't mention it we can so Congrats Michael! do you get a new star now???
Well, I'd like to say congatulations. And I totally understand how you feel about not adding people with under one-hundred posts because of Hackers, or whatever. The only friend I have is the one that told me abut this site, and thats basically it. ooh.. wait I lied, someone just requested me.. Oh well. They have more posts than me... Anyway, I don't think that's "offensive" and you have every right to deny someone, especially with the hackers out there, it's just your reason, and it's perfectly valid... At least you justified it.
@camomom (7535)
well, pat pat pat. congrats!!! and yes it will make me think twice about who i accept as friends.
@madasp (563)
Yes today made me think twice about accepting friend requests. I also went into my profile and looked at the ones who are already there to decide if I should delete them or not. P.S.congratulations! (just thought I'd sneak that in there, hopefully mylot won't see it through the ninjas LOL)
I am very leery now on what to do as far as accepting new people with less then 100 under their belt.. not sure what to do or how to handle that yet. I will have to see. I do remember how it feels to be new and not have any friends on here. That hacker scare was something else! Glad to see how fast MYLot responded! And were trying to protect us all! Congrats on making it over 5000! That is a lot of typing, reading, posting and starting discussions.
Hi myklj999, Maybe I', not allowed to say this but I think you do derserve a pat on your back for doing so well, so well done to you for reaching a big mile stone. I must say I should be very carefuly of accepting use users but I've got to give them a chance because why should the innocent suffer because of some devious indivisual. I will felt hurt if I was a new user so we have to trust them and give them our benefit of doubt. Tamara
You are too sneaky (and clever) so I am not going to post a congratulatory response but will respond to the friends part of the topic. I am also careful who I accept as a friend. I check out their profile for what kind of postings they have been making then I decide to accept or deny. As for hackers about 6 months ago a hacker (from China) did try to get into my personal info but I caught it and reported him to myLot. MyLot did not do a thing about it except for giving me a couple of platitudes. I make one rule which I NEVER break is to give any personal information on an open forum. That includes my real name or email address!
@Munchkin547 (2778)
I'm always a bit wary as a lot of the time i accept them as friends and then a day or two later they start sending my obscene PMs or ones tryng to get me to join something, so i generally let them sit there for a couple of days to see if they are active or if they are involved in any of the same discussions of me before i accept them. I generally don't accept new friends with no posts though. It might be harsh but like you say too many friends is a lot to deal with and not everyone is here just for the fun of it, which is a shame!!! xxx
@mojcica (1512)
• Slovenia
I am not congratulating you, this is not me...this is spam. ooops I gues spams arent alowed either :)))) Oh isn't it a lovely day? lolol
@dizzblnd (3073)
Could some hacker get to us? Only if we aren't smart enough Never accept "friends" request Going on the assumption Rarely do bad things happen Are you more leery Than before? Some people need to get a life ! I always look at a someone's profile before I accept/deny their request. If they haven't responded or participated in any of the same discussions. I usually will not accept a friend that is simply requesting me to get more referrals for their paid sites. This is the only paying site (besides surveys) that I will participate.
@sconibear (8010)
i aint scared of no hacker! i usually accept all as friends but even before today's incidence i've changed my views on that. i had some guy yesterday with 1 post request me so i let him sit overnight.....when i checked this morning he had 2 posts and both of them were pushing some "get rich" referral link so i had to give him the old DENY. i've also been going through some of the friends i already have.......some of them aren't even here anymore so i've been bumping them off. as far as your discussion getting deleted, i don't think you have to worry about that: http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1720169.aspx so since you didn't post about you hitting your 5000th POST ......i'm not going to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!
@sudalunts (5526)
Yes, the hacker scare is making me more aware of who I accept as a friend. Actually I have two friend's request pending from people who have just joined OOOHHH, I see you have reached 5000, way to go, congratulations, your fingers have really been busy Keep up the good work, before you know it you will have 10000. I think I will do like you, and not accept friends who have just joined Mylot, that makes a lot of sense. Happy Mylotting
@Shar1979 (2723)
Congratulations! I'm kinda new here so thanks anyways. It will be a reminder to me to check first the people who will want me to add them on my list
@tessah (6621)
todays "hacker scare" discussions just reminded me of the numerous email spams i get daily about viruses and scams and warnings of how antiperspirant and bottled water cause cancer. nothing more.