I need a little explanation for this word

France
Flick!? I mean I see english speaker use it a lot to mean movie but I wonder why not saying movie? Is it a sort of slang? What kind of people use this word?
@commanderxo (1494)
It's short for "flicker". It represents the way movies are shown through a projector, and the way the film images "flick" past the projector light. That's where the term came from....or should I say..."developed" from? Hehehehe. :-)
• France
lol
It also has to do with the "sound" that the film makes, when it goes through the projector.
• France
Thanx a lot for the informations
@phyrethyme (1267)
Flick.. Yeah. Movie. But the first definition that I thought of is that it's a verb. It's like, for example, when witches "flick their wand. It's like some fast movement. Something snappy. Yeah, maybe like a snap. Lol, I can't explain. To flick is like to move sharply. There. XD
• France
@winterose (39893)
yes it is slang for movie
• France
Thanx
@bunnybon7 (46696)
• Holiday, Florida
"kind of people"?? we are americans. and yes its slang. being americans we tend to use slang instead of the word. actually most of our words come from other languages since we are the melting pot of the world. but because of that through time some of the words have been replaced for American words
• France
It's funny,I'm French and I also use this word
@crazydaisy (3899)
The word means it is when film is going in a running in a movie. cd
• France
Thanx cd