Did "The Nuge" get it right?

@clrumfelt (5452)
A politically outspoken figure, "The Nuge," Ted Nugent, a guitarist of 1970's fame, has spoken out in favor of McCain as the best choice for president, ironically, not because of any great differences in their platforms. Ted believes in electing officials and then riding their tails to make them do what they should as public servants. In other words, don't vote and shut up, do more. The reason Ted is in favor of a McCain presidency is because he say McCain probably would listen and be open to what people say, whereas Obama won't. Do you agree with Ted's assesment of the candidates?
@kenzie45230 (3560)
I think Nugent has an excellent point. I'm sure Obama will be one who will do what is right for him, while McCain has a record of doing what's right for the people.
@angela38 (122)
I agree with you with MacCain and his vic president in office I thin k he would do more for all people and not sit back and only think for hisself. I just hope I am right to feel this way.
@clrumfelt (5452)
Obama seems too full of himself to be able to listen to what other's will be saying. His demeanor, while calm, seems also to be ever searching for the right words to speak, offering a "specific generality" about the issues that will give the people enough hope to believe he can really do something.
The 'NUGE' makes a good point. Even Bill Clinton, as odious as he was, did have one redeeming value. He was a pragmatic political animal. That is, he would throw his core liberal beliefs overboard if the political will of the people was strong enough. Witness welfare reform which lost Clinton a lot of his leftist friends. I'd rather have a practical man in office like Clinton, or even better (John McCain - Sarah Palin) than someone like 0bama. John McCain has many opinions contrary to what we the people would prefer, but John McCain will listen to us if we do our homework, organize, and express ourselves. 0bama, is an elitest who has demonstrated over and over that he believes he knows better than us. I seriously doubt 0bama cares one wit what any of us ordinary people thinks or says. The 'NUGE' is right again.
@clrumfelt (5452)
Obama speaks enough "specific generalities" to make people think he is really concerned and will try to address their issues, but also displays an arrogant lack of compassion in his attitude. I don't think he will listen to anyone and that he also has his own private agenda for the USA that doesn't include helping people.
@rodney850 (2145)
Clrumfelt, I've always in the past thought Ted Nugent to be a little over the top in some of his ideas and antics but it seems he may have mellowed with age. I believe what he says in this instance to be very insightful and right on the mark.
@clrumfelt (5452)
I think Ted speaks true in this instance. Obama seems to be in a world of his own when he is making speeches. I can't see him going beyond the generalities he speaks in order to show real concern and be willing to help people.
@newtondak (3950)
I would have to agree. I do think that McCain is much more apt to listen to what the American people want than Obama. I think that Obama is more interested in promoting himself and getting what he wants that what the people want.
@clrumfelt (5452)
I get the same feeling. Obama is out of touch, his calm demeanor is almost robotic and shows how distant he really is from the American people and their problems.
@suspenseful (40314)
He did. McCain will listen. I saw him on the Rachel Ray show and he was very good, listening to her, and being polite. Obama is conceited and will do what he wants to do and will broke no interference with his plans. While McCain will listen and find out what his plans mean to others and he will give a good reason if he does not change them, whereas Obama would be "because I told you so."
@clrumfelt (5452)
I agree. Obama is very arrogant and I don't think helping the American people is at the top if his agenda at all. I don't know which priorities he places at the top but I don't think he is planning to address the concerns of the voters.
@PrarieStyle (2488)
I saw an interview with The Nuge on Glenn Beck. I was surprised at how level headed and down to Earth he is. I also heard an audio interview today with Donald Trump, he endorses Senator McCain also which sort of surprised me. Though I don't care much for his personality or his hair, I have a lot of respect for his business sense.
@clrumfelt (5452)
Donald Trump also believes with McCain that the US ecomomy is basically sound. He has a lot of business sense and sees the light at the end of the tunnel whereas a lot of ecomomists do not. I hope he's right and things won't be as bad as everyone else is predicting.