I Can Still Make It, If I Can Think Of 88 Discussions

By JJ
@myklj999 (33206)
Olney, Illinois
Last day of the pay period, and everyone goes into a posting frenzy to make those last few crucial cents needed for payout. Alas, I think I'll have to let this month roll over to next month, because I still need 88 cents to hit my $10 mark. I guess I can blame it on my 4 day camping trip. So I'm trying to decide; do I just accept it and go about business as usual, or do I just start answering every discussion I see whether I have something substantial to say or not? I really don't want to compromise my principles (yes, I do actually have one or two) but I really want to make payout. Should I start another series of "What's your favorite" discussions?
@KrauseHome (36750)
Well, it is possible for any person here to earn .88 in here in one day. 2 days in a row, I easily earned at least this. I find that you earn more from Quality responses, and when you also post images to your Interests, and also start some New discussions as well. As quality responses, that means sticking to the topic at hand, and posting at least 4 lines of topic back to each discussion as well. So if you posted back quality over quantity of around 40 or so, and started some Good discussions you could get some Good responses back too, it is possible to do this. Just remember if you do not make it, there is always next month as well. Wishing you the Best.
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
Of course, these days we no longer earn for images, and I could post my little heart out and not earn a thing unless I received interaction
@Bethany1202 (3432)
LOL !! I am in a similar boat. I still need $1.48 -- It's not impossible but I doubt I will earn quite that much today, especially since I must get to work soon and don't have access to it while I'm working. Then, after work, I have some other plans, so I have been trying to contribute as much as possible this morning, but it's probably all in vain as far as payout goes for this month. At any rate, I will certainly get paid next payout! Best wishes to you -- YOU CAN DO IT! :-)
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
If I had been getting paid for received responses when I wrote this, I would have easily made it
@fwidman (11515)
It's up to you. You can post like a maniac, but I doubt you'll enjoy it. So, I guess rolling it over until next month would be the way to go
@Rosekitty (19396)
• San Marcos, Texas
Hey Fwidman..did you wear those boots for Halloween? I get to change my avatar tomorrow and put the broom away for a year...
@fwidman (11515)
Nope, I am still wearing the slippers I've been wearing all day long
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
R.I.P. Frank...you were a good man
@honeylore23 (1085)
after several months of being away from mylot, I just logged early afternoon. And I only have about $3 in my account. so it is totally impossible, unless I would be able to write a thousand responses, and that I would be able to type 1000words a minute. Good luck for those who will payout. And keep posting to those who didn't make it this month. I would hope to reach payout by next month. Ajah to everyone. Happy Halloween!
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
It would have only taken about 200, not a thousand
@LadyMarissa (12160)
One of the things I admire about you is you NEVER compromise your principals!!! If you don't make it today, just think what a GREAT payout you'll get next month!!! JUST DON'T DO IT!!!
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
I did go through that one 'What's your favorite' phase...quite sarcastically, of course
@irishmist (3819)
I'm so far away from payout that I give up, but I have not been hanging out at mylot much these days, as I've been at another site, and the money is good over there. I just cashed out with $17, and it took me less than 2 weeks to make it, I think, and as of this morning I have already made $1.02, so I'm happy. This 1 cent thing here is killing me. You have to spend hours here to make a few cents.
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
With the current algorithm, one solitary post can make you untold millions
@roque20 (518)
I experience that one and its quite disappointing but its fine next month you can make payout high amount and you can save it,atleast u will get it higher to next month maybe $30dollar more or less.I just made payout once only and im very happy,this time i cant payout because i have only $2 dollars now,because i never been online for many days.i will strive this month to make payout because i am saving for my trip after graduation.I hope it will work.Happy Responding.
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
People complain about it being hard to reach a $5 payout monthly here...they would freak if it was still $10
@jackiew (915)
I am at $6.53,so there is no chance for me.I will get my first payout next month and i am looking forward to it.Good luck if you decide to go for it.
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
You would have been over the current payment threshold now
@jimbomuso (950)
hi mykl dont do it........ no more favorites, no more favorites! I'm sure you could just 'roam' around and find 88 new discussions. failing that, you could write an 'ambiguous' political discussion and watch the fur and teeth start flyin'.
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
Another vanished myLotter
Ahhhh, so that is why I heard from you this morning, is it?*L* I say, find all the stupid discussions you can and post like crazy! Just for this month, then you can go back to your principles tomorrow. *nods in agreement with herself*
Hmmm, seems we are the only ones encouraging him to ditch his principles.........what kind of friends does that make us?*L*
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
Women trying to get me to compromise myself...why does this seem familiar? Oh yeah, I was married!
Hey, mykl! Mmmmmmwwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhh!
@lvaldean (1612)
I have never taken a payout so I don't think about it. I set it so high so I could watch it grow. I think of you as someone who would never stoop to the low of putting inane and silly BS out simply to gain a buck. Don't do it.....it would be so sad.
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
I put inane and silly bullshit out just for the fun of it these days
@jerzgirl (8168)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
So, go answer every "what's your favorite..." discussion you can find today. You can also ask under the "myLot" interest, "what do YOU do to make payout when you're short?" Did you do a "what I did on my camping trip" discussion? If not, do that, too. But, definitely answer as many discussions today as you can. Find an interesting news article and announce it (you know that one - you just did one recently). I did $1.74 in a day once - still don't know how. It's harder lately to get much over $.50. I actually think you can pull it off, Mykl. Prove me right!!
Yea!!!! Thanks, jerzgirl. There for a minute, I was wondering what kind of friend I was telling him to go for it. But you and Irish just agreed so.........Thanks.
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
These days, I could do it with just a bit of work
@maroseqf (3657)
i think there is still hope for you to reach the minimum this month. some of our fellow lotters earn more than a dollar in a day so don't lose hope. just keep on trying your best and don't blame it to your camping trip. sometimes we have to do things other than being online. i, too, am trying to reach the minimum. i need 40 cents but i am aiming for more in case reduction happens. anyway, goodluck to us!
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
At least now we don't 'lose' money over deletions
@kellys3ps (3726)
I'm at $9.46 right now, so I am frantically posting pics, and posts hoping I can get there!
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
I do miss payment for photos in a way
@hdjohnson (2981)
LoL, I was a $0.05 away from $15 on yesterday. I thought for sure my previous activities, discussions I've respond too and started were more than enough. Sadly, I was wrong. November 1st is here, and my goal of making payout by the end of this month, is definitely a gonna happen thing. When it's gonna happen is a different story though.
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
Back then, I had my payout set on minimum...during the past 4 years, the minimum I have made per month always exceeds the $10 mark and is usually above $20
@ronaldinu (12439)
• Malta
I would suggest you to reply to your friends discussions first. I hope that you reach the minimum payout if not there is always next month. I think you will be glad to receive a few extra bucks at the end of next month. It happened to me as well. I did not post as I used to during my summer holidays therefore my earnings have dropped considerably. © ronaldinu 2008
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
Seeing lots of old familiar faces on this post...I wonder where many of you went...
@robert19ph (4584)
[i]Hello myklj999, I hope this will help you with my single response to reach your 88 cents. Try reaching it today because a month is a lot of waiting period. You don't know what will happen next month, so if you can do it today why not. I already reach my payout and I this I think will be for November already. I hope it will help you this month if not, it will for November. It's really hard betting deadline. Regards. [/i]
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
It's been almost 10 years since your last appearance here
@SViswan (12071)
What's the big deal. I wonder why people go into this frenzy on the last day of the month. I get paid around the 10th of the month...and it's not based on what I made till the last day of the previous month. But of course, if you start another 'favourites' discussion, I'll surely check it out...just because it's YOU.
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
It wasn't really a big deal to me...although I think I may have actually made it
Whoa Myk! YOU are trying to make payout? Whatever happened to you never worrying or even receiving payout? Has the economy slipped so much that the great Myklj999 actually is receiving his payouts, and joining the posting crunch at the end of the month??? This is definitely a paradigm shift for me, I have to get my mind around it. What's up Myk is everything good with you???
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
Well, I'm that close *holds fingers about 1/4 inch apart* so I thought I'd try and beat the odds here for once. I still can't spend it even if I get it, but I know it's there...even when I'm out of smokes...
So you are reaching payout for the first time since you have been here? I thought that you would have lapped that mark several times, by the way and how often you write. But maybe you should think about getting a Paypal Debit Card. That way you could access the funds without waiting for the funds to be transferred to the bank. Trust me, these little payout come in handy when you are out of smokes, and other things too!!!
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
@drknlvly6781 I didn't have my PayPal account linked to a bank account, so the money just sat in it
I long ago stopped fretting over not making payout. I just keep plugging away and eventually I do get there. Sometimes it takes me a month or three to do it though. This little reward is tucked away for a rainy day. In my case, it will be used for Christmas this year. The pennies I save buy frugal gifts.
@myklj999 (33206)
• Olney, Illinois
Going through this tossing out responses...so few of you are still here
@myklj999 wow a blast from the past!