Obama Wins Earliest Vote!

@anniepa (27280)
Election day is finally officially here and Barack Obama has won in the first place to cast their ballots! http://www.gmanews.tv/story/131239/Obama-wins-in-earliest-voting-in-New-Hampshire Dixville Notch, New Hampshire is traditonally the first place in the U.S. to cast their votes in Presidential elections and this year Obama was the victor by a margin of 15-6, the first time a Democrat has been victorious in Dixville since 1968. Is this a sign of things to come? Would it ever be great if there was a myLot member from Dixville or somewhere else nearby! If so, PLEASE stop by! Annie
@Taskr36 (13923)
Only a democrat could attach such significance to a piddly town with less people than the starting lineup for the Buffalo Bills.
@anniepa (27280)
Taskr, lighten up already! This came on my screen as "BREAKING NEWS" so I just thought I'd give this little town their usual 15 minutes that they get every four years. "Such significance"? I asked a silly question! Are some Republicans getting a tad testy...lol? Annie
@evanslf (485)
Bearing in mind that Dixville Notch voted heavily for Bush in the last two elections (Kerry only got 6 votes and Gore 5 in 2004 and 2000), the fact that Obama has got 15 is a good sign, though I understand the population of Dixville Notch has changed a bit since the last election. So a good sign but not exactly a representative sample so let's not get too carried away yet!
@anniepa (27280)
I agree, we can't get "carried away" yet. It's like many other little "signs" people have used through the years. I don't know if it's still ever used but I remember when I was very young they used to predict the Presidential election by which league won the World Series. I forget which way it went, but back then it had been an accurate predictor for years. It could well be another long night, but let's hope it's not another 2000! Annie
@schulzie (4064)
I am watching CNN right now and 30 minutes ago Barack Obama was projected as the next President of the United States. Right now he has 333 Electoral votes and McCain has 155. He only needed 270 votes. McCain has just given his speech congratulating Barack Obama on winning the election. We are right now waiting to hear Barack Obama speak. So, unless something happens overnight Barack Obama will be the 44th President of the United States of America. Have a great day and happy myLotting!!!
@irisheyes (4372)
Sure hope it's a sign of things to come. 16 to 5 is a landslide!
@anniepa (27280)
Our friend Taskr, is going to take you to task for calling it a landslide! I hope it's a sign too and I don't care if it's just a piddly little town, I don't care that it's not really a representative sampling or any of that other stuff people are tossing out to rain on my parade! I hope this landslide picks up momentum and sweeps across the country. So there!! Annie
@twallace (2675)
That is not all that he is going to win tonight. He will be elected as the next president of the United States of America. I know that for sure, that he will, the way they are reporting it on CNN he will be the next president. They are coming out to vote for him, well maybe not just him but they are coming out in numbers to vote. A lot of them are for Obama.
I watched the results for a while before I decided to start up the old internet. I still watch the results on Yahoo. It is updated every 5 minutes. Breathing, but not holding my breath. I will wait until tomorrow morning to see the final results.
I'm watcxhing the Australian coverage of the election, and they are reporting that every analyst is calling it for Obama. At the last count I heard, a couple of minutes ago, he only needs 104 more votes for victory, and is 85 votes ahead of McCain. I admit to being relieved. Lash
@Kowgirl (3490)
Before everyone gets too excited ...just remember these are NOT the electoral votes. The electoral votes in December will be the deciding votes and it could go either way. This is just so the people can't say they didn't have a say or a right to vote.. But we all know this election is a sham to make us feel good about voting even if our vote doesn't count. I have a bad feeling that the one who becomes our next President has been bought and paid for already and we the little people are in for one heLL of a ride, right into poverty with the other 1/3+ of the citizens of the USA. God bless America, we are going to need it.
@ZephyrSun (7382)
Poor Nader lol He didn't get a single vote. It's so funny seeing a small town with their election results. I couldn't imagine living in such a little town. lol I have already voted and hope that everyone gets out and votes.
@kwenge (2492)
• Kenya
hey Annie, Am not from any of the above locations, infact am continents away from there but I felt good to passby and say hi. I am rallying behind Obama dear. He is going to win. Happy voting dear.
@Bd200789 (2994)
I hope it is a sign. I can't wait to find out the results.
@sharra1 (6341)
Well I think this looks very promising. In fact this could well be an indication of a landslide and that would be wonderful. I am watching this result with interest. How long will it be before you know the results across the country?
@bobmnu (8160)
And in 1968 President Nixon, a Republican, was elected over an extreamly Liberal, for the time. Maybe it will be a sign of things to come.