Do you tend to sleep more when the days get shorter in autumn or winter?

China
I felt that I was much lazier after summer! Also, when the alarm clock rouse me from my deep sleep in the morning, I was kind of annoyed. Of course, in the next sring, I will be refreshed. What about you? I just wondered... How come this autumn or winter thing influence your behaviors?
@bellis716 (4804)
When the weather is cold, I just want to snuggle under the covers and stay there. When it is just cooler in contrast to the heat of the summer, I'm invigorated. I want to get out and see the beauty of the fall season. I just set out some fall into winter flowers this afternoon pansies, snapdragons and a geranium. The geranium went in a big pot where it can be moved to a protected spot should we have real winter.
Oh, hehe, I happened to learn another word "invigorated", which is much better than energetic if I use it in my composition, lol. I will go to Beijing, China for something a month later when it must be awfully cold. It is painful to imagine though I just stay there for two days. Have a great day.
@bellis716 (4804)
Good luck on your composition.
@Opal26 (17686)
Hi hiddenwing! I think that people at least here in NY where I live tend to not want to get out of bed in the winter when the days are shorter and the nights are longer and it is really cold outside! It isn't that way yet but it will be really soon. I know when it gets cold and is snowing people just want to go back to sleep and put the covers over their heads! I do think that people sleep more when the days are shorter for some reason. I think that when the days are longer and the sun is shining we feel more energized. That is because the more sunlight we get the better we feel. In the winter we are not exposed to as much sunlight and we feel more tired and depressed. So we tend to want to sleep more.
It is sort of cold outside this morning. I gotta go out now. For the cold weather, I was late for some event yesterday. Someone has already got mad, hehe. I didn't really care! Have a nice day.
@Pose123 (21661)
Hi hiddenwing, It really doesn't matter to me, I sleep 7 to 8 hours almost every night. When I was younger I know that I slept less, but I don't think the seasons or the length of the day or night ever affected me in that way. Blessings.
Your habit is pretty good. I guess I have to form more regular habit too. It is good to my health anyway.
@nannacroc (4049)
I would like to hibernate during the winter months. I have troule waking every morning. I think t's because we like to wake to sunshine and it's not nice to wake whie it's still dark.
You are so humorous. lol I think the frogs and squirrels are very lucky since they realize the hibernate thing.
@stephcjh (32327)
Yes. I tend to sleep more when the weather changes to colder temperatures. I love to snuggle up in the bed with warm .
In my hometown, in the winter, it is not that gold while in the summer, it is not that hot since it is near an ocean. Then, I used to be energetic everyday.
Actually I do become lazer and lazer when the weather is colder and colder. Every mouning I get out of my warm bed reluctantly. It is cold outside and unfortunately I hate feeling cold. I like my warm bed.
Hehe, I like my warm bed too. Everyone else does! I prefer a place withour winter. On the other hand, I will never see snow there, which is a pity somehow.
@slash23 (102)
Hi! Unfortunately, from where I come from... we don't have four seasons :D I live in a tropical country, with summer and rainy seasons. I wonder when I will see real snow ...!? :)
I envy you so much. The winter's weather is not good when people are so easy to catch a cold. If only summer is around in my town...