Are you a good candy maker? Whats the best candy that you make?

a chocolate covered candy or pastrey -  a chocolate covered candy or pastery
What is the easiest candy to make and what have you found to be the hardest candy to make? I am considering candies to make for the holidays and would like your feedback
@rusty2rusty (6760)
• Defiance, Ohio
I am not sure what the hardest cvandy to make is. But the easiest would be chocolate covered pretzels. I take the chocolate melt it in the microwave. Than take a preztel stick and coat the end in chocolate. I than roll the pretzel in nuts or sprinkles. Let set to cool. When cool place them in a baggie together. I also like to make buckeyes. Do you know what they are? They are little balls of peanutbutter and powdered sugar coated with chocolate to resemble looking like Buckeyes. Which are a type of nut from buckeye trees. Normal found in Ohio.
I think that would be a great idea. That should be good for everyone. I will have too try the buckeyes because No, I had not heard of this before. I do like the sound of the recipe and I will have to make this over the holidays.
Wow! they sound delicious Rusty!! I just love peanut butter and chocolate...Is that all there is to the recipe or is there more to it then that!? ~Heavens~
Thanks so much Rusty! I think I'll be looking for these! ~Heavens~
@makingpots (11920)
That is something I thought I would have learned to make by now. But as it turns out I have too many people in my life who are really good at it and enjoy sharing their gifts with others at the holidays. So I let them do what they do well and often buy supplies for them to make double batches and include my family. I am good at other things for the holidays and we share our talents, it is really a good deal for all of us.
My sister always makes bourbon balls. I am making things that they do not make. I am just trying to decide on which ones would be best. Appreciate the response.
I have not made much candy, other than fudge, and then I used to have a Reeses Peanut Butter dessert that was easy. I keep trying to cut things out, so that I will get skinny. However all I really get is hungry. Never gonna be skinny.It will be interesting to see what you get on this. I think I copied a recipe for mock Reeses peanut butter cups at another site recently.
I am trying to becareful because once I made this fudge - new recipe -and it flopped big time. It was the runniest yukiest mess that you have ever seen so now I try to stick with the ones that are more tried and true ...lol
I have a really easy recipe for Mint Chocolate fudge with Cream Cheese in it that is really yummy! Everyone just loves it and then there are my home made chocolates... Again, really easy basically just melted chocolate chips and cherries...People can't get enough of these at Christmas time when I make them! ~Heavens~
Please do send those recipes to me because they sound wonderful. I do like mint and will make that for everyone.
Add me as a friend and I shall PM them to you! I don't want to go outside the guidelines and post recipes here ~Heavens~
You have been added and I appreciate the response and glad to have a new friend.