Ladies: Does your appetite increase just before you menstruate?

Right before my period (about 5-6 days prior) I notice I often become much hungrier than usual. It usually subsides a day or two into the cycle. I guess this is due to all the hormones in the body. Does this happen to you as well?
@Jody20 (887)
• Netherlands
If my memory serve me correcly i never became much hungrier then usually. I'm glad i don't menstruate anymore because i always had terrible stomach pains.
Yeah, I am also blessed with horrid pains-- feels like a meat grinder has beaten my whole body and all my muscles are weak and tender and achey, a bit like the flu almost! And my stomach/abdomen cramp so bad I want to cry at times!
i have never noticed it increaseing before my cycle..however, i do get cravings..usually for salty stuff or chocolate, one or the other...but then there are those awful months, like this last one was..where i wanted both, i would sit here after hubby and son went to bed, post away at my sites check emails etc and eat chips and a candy bar...bad bad bad move when i have been doing fairly well losing weight, totallyl sabotages all the other hard work i do..but sometimes i cant help it.
Hey, I can SO relate!! AT least us women have a valid excuse!! Hahahaha ;-)
@rusty2rusty (6760)
• Defiance, Ohio
Yes, I do seem to get more hungry before hand. I am not sure why. But when I have 'Aunt Flow' visit the red river, I am to sick to my stomach to eat anything. I wonder if it is my body making up for the time knowing she is planning to visit.
Chocolate time! I used to crave junkie stuff more at menstrual time. Need to have plenty of junk food on hand about a week before menstrual time. Oh ya! Sad but true!
I can't speak for the Eve's of this world but all I know is when the wifey wants ice cream and pizza I start the clock.
@ronaldinu (12439)
• Malta
all that i notice is that my wife has chocolate craze at around that time. So its the warning sign for me and hide before she gets snappy.