Abandon Ship!

By JJ
@myklj999 (47933)
I've about decided that this tour is done. I've been debating for about a week trying to decide if I want to remain active with this account, or close it out and start a new one. I'm not talking about leaving the lot; merely letting ol' Mykl finally have some peace and quiet. I will be sure to send out friend requests under my new user to those that I really enjoy sharing thoughts with here. Have you ever closed an account simply to start over again? What was it like trying to get back into the flow?
@novataylor (6570)
Nope, never done that,mykl, but I can sorta see your reasoning for wanting to do so. If that's what you want to do, and you think it will make you happier, then by all means, do it! What have you got to lose? Ok, ok, know that there are a couple of things pointed out by BCMike that you'll lose, but those aren't particularly large, are they? Hmm, are they? I dunno. But do what makes you happy, darlin. xxx
@myklj999 (47933)
Hey, glad to see you! Are you doing any better now? I went and had hernia surgery last week, and two days later the damn thing popped again, so I'm gonna have to have it done again.
@leenie50 (3992)
Bummer!! Were you too active? Or did they just do an insufficient job? Like I said below. Do what makes life a little more bearable. leenie
Hi, myklj! Yes, I'm doing infinitely better now, and thanks so much for asking. I'm so sorry about your hernia, though!!!! Yikes! What a thing to have to have done twice! But maybe this time it will take and you'll be your old spry self again, eh? I'm crossin my fingers for ya darlin.
@p1kef1sh (45696)
P1kef1sh I was born and P1kef1sh I will die. There will be no second coming. Personally I think that you should hang on in there. You add colour on a grey day and pyrotechnics on a colourful day. There is the odd bottom orifice that hounds you. But they are just so much excreta and will end up flushed with the rest of the poo. That's the only flow worth worrying about.
@p1kef1sh (45696)
What did who say Dahr'lin Sis?
I have done it on other sites, and it can be refreshing to start over. You will be missed. Hope you're feeling better and all is going well for your recovery.
Just saw your comment about having to redo it, so sorry! Hopefully the next one works better, take care!
• Netherlands
What's the reason or why would you switch accounts? I'm not even sure if that's a smart move because MyLot could check your IP Address and could assume you're using multiple accounts. I could be wrong on that one though. But yes, I've did the same before, not on MyLot but on different sites. Later on I regret that I switched.
@myklj999 (47933)
myLot has a place to delete your account here. I would of course officially close the old account before starting a new one.
@anneshirley (1516)
I've never done that before and if you are really to start all over again, I was thinking like...that's 6000+ post going to waste since you have to start again at number 1. I am still trying my best to reach my 1000 post and good luck to you on your decision. Whatever it will be, I hope you're happy with it.
@dieorfly (764)
• Slovak Republic
i have never done this. I see no reason to do this. Can you explain me what advantages it have to start again with new account? Why not continue with the one you have now? It is because inactive referrals or many inactive friends? Or why? I would probably not give up my account here because I would not want to loose all my posts here written next to my name. But it is good to hear you do not want to leave myLot completely.
@gemini_rose (16268)
I have never closed an account and started again although on some sites I have been tempted too. I have not yet been tempted to do that here, guess I am just pretty comfortable with the account I have plus it would take me forever to think up a new user name.
@Lee_Rites (845)
Nope. I've never deleted an account just to start over. I usually just take a break if things get monotonous or I just don't have time for it. Then I'll go back to it later if I get the urge.
If you delete your account do all of your discussions and responses go away?
Aw Mykl, I'd be sorry to see you go. If you come back under a new alias I hope you will still express your opinions and be yourself! I'd hate to see a demure Mykl on here!
@fwidman (11515)
I can't recall ever quitting one account just to start another. But, I'm sure it can be done with some success. So, if that is what you decide to do, please do send me a friend request when you start anew
No I have never felt the need to change and start over. There is too much of "me" invested in this account and ID. If people do not like me then they can ignore me, I wouldn't care, but I am not ashamed or embarrassed by anything I have posted so I be dammed if I would change my ID and persona for anyone. BTW I like you as you are. The new myklj999 may not be as interesting!!!!
kisses - Just a little kiss for a friend.
I did delete an account, a long time ago to start over. Got caught in the middle of a bunch of crap. It was kind of hard trying to hide and still be myself.*shrugs* Sometimes a fresh start is a good thing, though.
@Rosekitty (19387)
• San Marcos, Texas
Kisses and Huggsss back....muawwww
You always pop in and catch me off guard. How are things going?
@Rosekitty (19387)
• San Marcos, Texas
This is my first time here and if i left it would be for good, not to come back and go through all that again.. So whats your verdict?..Sorry i quit prayers for you, but it was mainly for you to get through the surgery..now i need to make sure i continue it for after since you need to go through it again..thats sad...
@myklj999 (47933)
I went to the doc this afternoon; he says it is only fluid buildup and it will go away in a week or two.
@oldboy46 (2132)
It can be good that you are allowed to do this, if you have a valid reason for wanting to start afresh but what about your points? If you start again, do you start from zero and so are treated like any other newbie? It is a very serious step to take but you have said that you have debated the situation and no doubt you have some really good reasons for the change you are about to make. Make sure that those friends you want to keep know what your new username will be though. Do you have to make a request to myLot to do this, or even give the some reasion why you are wanting to make a change? Do the admin of myLot have to give approval for the username change or is it all automatic? Yes it would be something that others will consider I think unless of course they want to keep their points rather than start again from scratch. Good luck and I hope things work out well wioh your new username.
@myklj999 (47933)
You have to close your old account with myLot before you start the new one. It's just like starting for the first time, except you already know all the rules (mostly) and you already know several people.
I've been here for almost two years now, and I've thought about creating a new account after being attacked by trolls. I decided not to because it would be way too much hassle to start over from scratch. I would have to go through and re-request all of my friends, my post count would be zero, and there is no telling how long it would take me to get my reputation back up. Besides, since I use my real picture for my avatar, which I have become very accustomed to, everyone would know it was me anyway. I hope that I'm one of the ones that you will send a friend request to!
Yes. I have my first account here in Mylot. Since I was busy with work that time, I was not able to Mylot everyday and ended up all my earnings to be gone. I decided to make a second account, hopefully this I'll be able to be active compared before. :)
@catdla1 (6005)
Ahoy matey! Why would you want to abandon ship? If the ship is sound, why would you not re-outfit? Get rid of unused, unwanted gear (get rid of all friends that you don't enjoy sharing with). Redecorate and get a facelift from the waterline up, rewrite your profile, add different colors, etc. Sails of a different color could really make you feel differently about the sea worthiness of the ship. Starting over is drastic, and the few times I've tried it, it's been a royal pain. The only advantage is in hoping that the unwanted cargo gets stowed onto another ship, but that is not always the case. I hope you consider other options before you walk the plank.
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
no, i haven't. if it's some of your friends on here bugging u why not just delete them, then u want be bothered w/them. i have deleted people idon't want to hear from/ good luck.
@moondancer (7433)
Myself, I have not closed an account just to start another. You have been myklj for sometime. I understand you wanting a change. If I'm here that long I just may want to change me too, lol. I hope I'm blessed with the ability to be here that long. I love my friends here and reading their posts as well as replying to them. Good luck with your change if you so decide to go on with it. I'm glad you are not leaving all together as you are one of my friends.
@suruchi86 (1873)
No I haven't done this ever and not planning to do so either. Perhaps this could be unnecessary also. You may delete the unwanted friends.