Yes This Is A Post About Unions

First let me say, I respect everyones point of view, and opinion. All I ask is that it is kept clean, and not hateful, I know this is a touchy subject. I for one have never been pro union, and would not work for a unionized company. Why, you ask, because I do not like the follow the whole group mentality that a union requires. With that said, I can see where a union would be helpful, especially as far as workers rights go. However if companies would just choose to treat their employees with respect, there would be no need for unions. Raises, benefits, promotions, respect those are all things unions demand. Large corporations should learn from their mistakes, and just be good honest employers so unions would not be needed. On the other hand, I can see where unions are killing companies. Workers that get constant raises, increased benefits, pensions, health care etc, can all kill a company. To me, in these hard times unions and companies should be working together to fix the companies labor issues rather than risking bankruptcy with layoffs, retirees losing pensions, health care lost etc. Some union workers make upwords of 40 dollars per hour, then add in their benefits and it is astronomical to a company. These companies should be cutting costs in management as well. Do they really need millions in bonuses, luxury vacations, and all the other quirks? I think not. Instead of asking us the tax payers to bail them out, why dont they sit down management and union reps and reorganize, that is what they should be doing in my opinion.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I agree although my husband belongs to a union. The problem with big companies not having unions to watch out for the workers is that the actual workers get crapped on while the office and management continues to get high pay and ridiculous bonuses for keeping expenditures down which they do by cutting jobs, pay and benefits. The union my husband belongs to as far as i can tell tries to keep things in perspective as far as pay raises and such (heaven knows that if anyone is making 40.00 an hour it isn't my husband) and i say that because every year we loss more benefits (health and money) but at least most of the workers keep a job.
I can definitely understand the crappy way employees are treated, especially in the south. I have been unhappy ever since we moved here, with the state of the way workers are treated. However, I do not think unions are the answers, Florida should pass some basic worker protection laws. They do not have any, and employers take full advantage of it.
@cjgrooms (4456)
It may not be the best way but for now it is all we have.
That is true and I can understand that too.