All Grown Up

@glords (2614)
Every parent realizes that someday their little one will grow up and move away. Hopefully they will find their true love and have a life and family of their own. We cherish each holiday, and realize that someday they will be spending Christmas at their own home. What I didn't realize is that parents can grow up and leave as well. My mom will be spending this Thanksgiving with her new husband and his family. This is my first Thanksgiving without my mom. I guess its just preparation for when my little one grows up and leaves me too. Boo Hoo, I better love on him a lot while he is still mine, to dress up like a giant turkey if I want.
@jessi0887 (2794)
That is a topic that makes me want to cry. My son is only 22 months and it may seem like that is far away, but life goes fast. It will happen in the blink of an eye. The first year went by faster than my pregnancy. I miss him being a little 6 Ib 13 oz baby.
@glords (2614)
My son is 17 months and you are right... that time flew by way faster than the pregnancy. Its amazing how far he has come, and me as well. Im a totally different person now days.
@bamakelly (5193)
It does seem like the time flies by when the children are little. First they are real small and next thing you know they are ready for school and then they leave home to get married. It all just happens too fast!
@glords (2614)
Time seems to fly by even faster with children because they change so swiftly. In a few months they grow out of clothes, learn to walk, learn to talk. Everyday they are a new and more interesting person.
@camomom (7535)
I remember when my mommy grew up......I don't want my babies to do it too...
@glords (2614)
lol, its a hard thing to deal with, loosing your parents to their own life. It makes you hold on to your babies all the tighter.
@camomom (7535)
That's so true.
I know that it is hard to see our children go on their own. That is why now that they are still young I always cherished the day to be always at their side. For now, they cannot be separated to us. Always calling us moms to guide them. Like one instance, my daughter said that when she grow up she will still sleep at our side and told her that you only say that because you are still young but when you reach the age of high school you do not want to be at our side. You want to go on your seperate ways. Then she said No, even I grow up still I will sleep beside you mom. To end the story I just said OK.
@glords (2614)
Your daughter sounds like a real sweet heart. You are so lucky that she loves you so much. My son is more independent, and growls at me when I try to snuggle him in. Perhaps it is a bond that will last a life time... not that she will want to sleep by your side, but that she will want to stand by you.
@bamakelly (5193)
I know what you mean. Before you know it the little ones will be grown up and then they will leave the coop. We need to enjoy children while they are young and be good parent for them to look up to. We want our children to be happy and hopefully find love in their lives. But I think it needs to start with us. We are their guardians and role models. When they have Christmas in their own homes then we will hope we're a part of it. Take care glords.
@glords (2614)
Amen to that, I was just saying that to my sister the other day. She and her husband haven't decided if they want children, and I told her I'm expecting that when I get old they are the only ones who will want to hang out with me on the holidays. lol, its like life insurance for your social life.