I cant find a discussion to respond to ?

@ronnyb (6117)
Jamaica
Ever had difficulty finding an approriate discussion to respond to.I have been searching for the last four hours for a discussion that I can respond to but in that time I have found about three discussions and I have to really reach deep down to respond appropriately to them. I am not saying that no good discussions out there, I am just saying none of them are resonating with me now .I dont think I am in a position mentally to respond to them. Ithink I might soon log off mylot .Ever had on of those days
yep, i jus find something that kida interest me and leave what i think about it , but i am about tired of seaching aslo
@ronnyb (6117)
• Jamaica
yes ,slim pickings tonight
Hi there ronnyb! I have been a little inactive for the past two weeks due to my work schedule. Not that I have not participated in discussions. I did. However, with the 30 minutes I can spare on a daily basis since November started, I have not really done that much. To make things worse, I have had a difficult time looking for discussions I can respond to. I would be lucky if I would be able to find ten to fifteen discussions a day.
@successlog (3172)
i think it is normal thing to us.Because sometimes, we really can't find the inteesting discussion to respond.so we could have that kind of feeling.Of course, it doesn't mean there is no good discussion on mylot.JUst we don't have the interests with the new discussion.so i think you should use the search box on mylot to find some interesting ones to respond.lol good luck
@ronnyb (6117)
• Jamaica
Precisely ,thanks for the suggestion but I dont know if it would help though ,I think the search would be helpfull of I had a topic in mind but I dont .Normally I would find something by just searching an area of interest but it seems not tonight.
@EAStanley (2688)
You know, I'm not sure whether or not I ever really noticed the Search Box. Wow, now I will have to try that. ;) Thank you for bringing this to my attention! :)
@1corner (744)
That's funny. I tried the search box for a particular dicussion I saw (and have responded to), but failed to get directed to it. I thought it got deleted, but then I tried under Discussions, then "responded," and found it. So, I'm not sure why that happened. The keywords I used were the exact words used in the title.
@Calais (10899)
Yeah, Ive done that plenty of times.....lol...it goes through stages like that..
@munhozmib (3851)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hello, ronnyb. I am like you when it comes to responding discussions. I will not respond to discussions that do not activate my mind. Usually, when reading the titles of the discussions, some will get my attention. Those are the discussions that I respond. They make me think about the words I am going to put in. However, there are some really good discussions that do not make me think at all. Perhaps it is because I have no useful information to give about the subject. Perhaps it is because I am too lazy to keep thinking. Anyway, I just leave those behind. Do not post if you do not feel like it, as it would be a waste of time and would decrease the quality of your posts. Respectfully, Munhozmib.
@anneshirley (1516)
yup! but during those times where I can't find any good discussion to respond to, I would log out then come back after couple of hours. There are really times when our mind can't process something so we have to relax and switch on some other task then get back to work afterwards
@EAStanley (2688)
I feel that way sometimes. Even though I have a lot of interests, sometimes I just can't find anything that I don't really feel inspired to respond to. And in those times, it is no good to try to start a discussion of my own, because I am probably just as unlikely to think of a good topic to start a new one. So, I just take a break. When I come back, I usually find something that I would like to respond to. :)
@cream97 (29164)
Yes, I have gotten like this many times before.. That is why I will search to the ends of the discussion, until I find something that interests me. And I usually will find something sooner or later. It has been difficult to find something to respond to. I will have to agree with you on this one..
@kykidd (6818)
I have had days like that before. As a matter of fact that was exactly how I was feeling until I came upon your discussion here. I really like to talk about sports, but I rarely find any discussions about sports here on myLot. I also like to talk about sitcoms that I watch on tv. Now and again I can find discussions on that topic. Although, I usually find at least one discussion on travel a day. That is one of my favorite types of discussions to join into here. What are your favorite types of discussion? Thanks for starting this discussion, and have a great day!
@silverjam (969)
Oh really? WEll I guess I have to recommend mine....lol! You can go to my profile and you can also see the topics and the activities I was replying on w/. Come take some browsing.....who knows you may find something in the discussions I've started that you'd like to response.....hope so. happy searching!
Yes, this happens sometime when you regularly visit the site and try to respond to all the discussion threads eventually leaving none for the new day.
@glords (2614)
I haven't really had one of those days yet. It seems to me like there are so many topics on here that you can find something that interests you. There is everything from news, politics, religion, parenting, movies. I don't know how I could ever find a day where there wasn't any topic I wanted to respond to. There are days however that it just seems too boring to sit home online... sometimes I just need to get out of the house and have a break.
@KrauseHome (36750)
Personally for me, that has happened many many times. That is usually when I will leave here for a bit, and go check Email, watch TV or a Movie, or go find something else online to do, and then come in here later and hope I can find something better to post back too as well. The good thing about this site, is there are a lot of different discussions being started on here all of the time, so there is always something New being started in here all of the time.
@k4karthik (439)
Sometimes it happens so. There are many good discussions but i cant respond to that discussions. At that time i prefer to read the discussions and responses that discussions got. That is only way i am spending time in Mylot whenever i am not getting the discussions which are not interesting for me.
• Netherlands
No I never had one of those days. normally I search other things that I normally discuss.
Yea.. That's exactly how I feel like sometimes. I do prefer finding discussions through the search engine on mylot as it's like, much more focused on one particular topic, example : Computers. I usually choose a topic which I'm good at. I usually search for topics about animals, because I'm an assistant at a pet shop and know more about animals.
• Qatar
yes, one time ive been searching and cant find out which topic i can respond its like my mind is not working i cant find or think any word that can match my answer in the said topic... it was a bad bad day.....lolz
@xlinzixx (511)
i know how you feel i have them days quite alot some days i only make one post after being on for hours because i cant find a post that interests me enough to post it thats why i always end up starting my own discussions.
ugh, i have those days pretty often actually. either the discussion just doesnt interest me, i know nothing about it, or i cant think of anything to say that is more than a 1 liner! drives me nuts, but at the same time when i try to start a discussion myself, my brain just goes blank and i sit here like an idiot trying to come with something that deserves more than a 1 liner myself lol! it does get very frustrating..thats probably the hardest part about mylot, dealing with the "got to find something" frustration lol!