Office worker or contruction worker ,who will be more exhausted for same hours?

@ronnyb (6117)
Jamaica
I work in an office and whenever I tell persons I am tired they often say and you work in an office ,suppose you were working in the field.I understand the point they are making ,their view is that physical exertion is more likely to exhaust you more that mental activity.Is this really so ?. I am of the view that when your brain is tired all of your body is tired because yoru brain directs all the activities in your body.I may be wrong what is your view
@royal52gens (5380)
My answer is Both. The office worker is mentally exhausted and the construction worker is physically exhausted. Both are exhausted at the end of the day. A good hot shower or bath can be quite refreshing for both workers.
@kaka135 (14117)
I also think that the office worker is mentally exhausted and the construction worker is physically exhausted. So, it's hard to debate this topic, who is more tiring. But when you are mentally exhausted, a good hot shower may not be able to refresh yourself. Sometimes, mentally exhaust can be really suffering...
@cecelgay (563)
I should say the same, both are exhausted with different category, filed workers are tired physically while those who work in the office are tired mentally. You're right that when your mind is tired your body will get tired too, but same as the when the body get tired automatically our body will transmit information to our mind that we are tired and we need to reast now, so i should say that the same.
@suzzy3 (8352)
When I did office work i used to get mentally tired but when I worked on the farm I was really exhausted on the physical side more.When working as a cook It was mentally tiring as all the paper work and making sure all the different diets were catered for and trying to come up with different ideas and ordering,making sure everything was clean and the assistants were ok.Then the physical side of all the cooking as we made everything from scratch cakes for forty, three course breakfast,two course lunch and tea for forty also,I came out on my knees somedays ,unable to speak totally exhausted on everycount.Private nursing home for the elderly, I think it all depends on where you work and what is expected of you. Gave up and of course your age.