What's on Your Holiday Menu?

@capirani (1841)
Besides the turkey, what other dishes are usually on your holiday table? Our big family meal was yesterday and I didn't get to go. But we have the same foods at every holiday dinner with a few additional dishes added. Each family attending, and sometimes each adult attending, brings their specialty. If they don't have a specialty yet, they bring whatever kinds of various foods they want to bring. The turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and dinner rolls are provided by the hostess. We have some kind of sweet potato dish, depending on who ends up bringing that, baked beans, deviled eggs, a special spicy macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, lots of desserts that are specialties, such as oatmeal cake, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, etc. Then there are all the additional foods that vary from year to year. There are some other specialties that pop up too, like corn casserole which is a kind of cornbread, and some kind of icecream/cookie dessert that I don't know the name of but is really good. What's going to be on your holiday table?
Carrie, those pioneer potatoes look pretty tasty, and low fat! I make smashed potatoes with unpeeled red potatoes, butter, sour cream, a little milk, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. I add roasted garlic sometimes too. Thanksgiving dinner, which I usually cook at my mom's house is: Turkey (baked with a butter compound of orange, lemon and fresh herbs) Stuffing (with apples and sausage) Smashed Potatoes Gravy Asparagus (roasted with olive oil & balsamic vinegar) Rolls Orange Cranberry Jello Salad Pumpkin Cheesecake I usually make a swiss, scallion, dried cranberry and pecan cheese ball too.
@capirani (1841)
Wow! Pumpkin cheesecake! It has been years since I have had that. Your meal sounds really good.
@lilcee (2703)
We're having turkey, ham, stuffing, potatoes and gravy. Cranberries, jello salad, homemade applesauce, green beans, corn casserole. Rolls (I used to make my own but started making the Pillsbury cresont rolls.) Pies (apple and lemon), strawberry cake, brownies, ice cream. I'm making most of it. My daughter is bringing the beans, and strawberry cake and I think some rolls. My daughter in-law is bringing the corn casserole. My son's girlfriend is bringing buckeyes (peanut butter balls). Can't wait!
@capirani (1841)
I haven't had buckeyes in a long time. Those are really good. I forgot the dressing/stuffing. My aunt used to make the best. I never really liked it except for hers and had to always have the crusty part which she saved for me and one of her kids who also liked that part. Now I like most dressing, but not the stove top packaged types. I like the real made from scratch kinds. It sounds like you are going to be really busy making all that food. Enjoy!
Sounds Yummy. I am gonna have Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, baked yams I bought fresh Yams this year and I have never done that. We are also gonna have cranberrie sauce, pumpkin pie, sour cream and raisin pie, and what ever other item I just have to have. For our appitizers were are gonna have egg rolls, a relish tray with carrots cauliflower,olives, pickles, and a pickle wheel appitizer, Salad and man other items that I cant even think of now or I may have to make it all now and eat it lol.