Houston, We Have A Problem...

By JJ
@myklj999 (63664)
Olney, Illinois
T-10 minutes and counting... Turkey? Check Green Bean Casserole? Check Sliced Cooked Ham? Check Potatoe Salad? Roger that, we have 3 kinds Baked Beans? Affirmative Dinner Rolls? Check Cranberry Sauce? heatherfeather80 just left in the boat to harvest some Yams? Check Stuffing? Roger Deviled eggs? ... DEVILED EGGS? Uh, sorry, someone seems to have dropped the ball on that... So it was almost the perfect Thanksgiving dinner. 3 kinds of pie, 4 kinds of cake, two kinds of cookies, cheese and crackers and summer sausage, carrots and celery and dip...but no deviled eggs. Don't know why; we always have them, but not this year. They were conspicuously absent. I think I gained 15 pounds and I am happy, but... ...no deviled eggs? HAPPY THANKSGIVING MYLOT! How was your Thanksgiving dinner?
@Chevee (5914)
Thanksgiving dinner was great we had the deviled eggs yummy, went for seconds and they were gone, my little nephew who is 1 year old and just started walking decided he wanted him a deviled egg before dinner started and they were on the edge of the table and he grabbed him one and went to eating. Where was the potato salad it was missing from the dinner this year I love my potato salad. The rest of the original meal was there. Now the after effects, I am so stuffed I feel like a Thanksgiving Turkey.
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
I know what you mean. "Just roll me into the living room now".
@Chevee (5914)
Its good to know you had a great time.
@leenie50 (3992)
Hey mykl, You may not have had deviled eggs but I think you had everything else! So, no mashed potatoes and gravy? How can you have Turkey without mashed potatoes and gravy? We went to my brothers house and we had the works,no deviled eggs! But the only sin committed here was no STUFFING??? Stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving meal. I guess the old saying is true, if you want it done right, do it yourself. Happy Thanksgiving Mykl. leenie
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
I think we had every kind of potato except mashed. Happy Holidays leenie
@Opal26 (17683)
Hey leenie! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
My brother would give you a devilish eye for not having any devlied eggs! :) I hope you have a very happy thanksgiving. My fiance is envious as we are living in canada and he had to work :(. He doesn't know this but I spent all day cooking for him (even though I've been sick) so that he can have a bit of his thanksgiving night.
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
Hey, I hope your fiancee appreciates the fact that he has someone that cares about him. Hope you enjoy your dinner.
We had an amazing dinner and he really appreciated it. He celebrated my thanks giving so I had to repay the favor. Turkey dinner is always better when it's not expected :D
@makingpots (11916)
Happy Thanksgiving, Mykl. Wish I had known of the sad state of deviled egg affairs you were in. I would have eaten an extra one just for you. Ours were delish! I'll sneak an extra one tomorrow in we have leftovers.
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
With all my brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews, there isn't much left over at our place.
give my wish to you from china,good thanksgiving day. when spring festival comes,i also very glad,and will have a big dinner,enjoyful days.my dear friends,do you know spring festival of china
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
No, I have never heard about the spring festival in China. Is it a really big celebration?
@pyewacket (44032)
Mmm...what's the deal with deviled eggs for Thanksgiving?? You're about the fifth person who has mentioned deviled eggs for Thanksgiving Dinner. Guess traditions are different in your family, but my family never had them for Thanksgiving. I opted for chicken instead of turkey..since it's only me I'm cooking for a whole turkey would have been too much..but did have my traditional cream of celery soup as an appetizer, then my sausage/raisin/celery stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed sweet potatoes and homemade biscuits and pumpkin pie..now I'm sitting here in a food coma
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
I know, I feel so bloated tonight...but it's a warm happy feeling.
@KrauseHome (36626)
Wow!! Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for sure. We are just having Turkey, Stuffing and fixings as it is just my husband and I. We will have a lot of left overs for sure. (I never thought of Deviled Eggs with our dinner, but that would have been good too.) Hope yours was blessed.
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
Considering our family is well-known for arguing, and this year there were none, I'd say ours was blessed.
@mommyboo (13191)
I didn't make any deviled eggs either. I did make almost everything else, plus some fresh guacamole and pumpkin bread. No pies this year, although I have white and dark choc popcorn, which is soooo addicting. I'll also have a carrot cake tomorrow.
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
Ooooh, carrot cake! Save me a piece!
@mssnow (9493)
Happy Thanksgiving!!! We went to a friends house so it wasn't my usual Thanksgiving dinner. But it was pretty traditional. Turkey and stuffing. Mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole. Cranberry sauce, veggies (sweet potatoes and potatoes mixed) and a spinach dish and rolls. All in all it was good. Tomorrow i will have mine and I wont forget the deviled eggs. Cant live without them!!
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
I think my age is showing; I used to be able to eat about 3-4 places on Thanksgiving and still have room for more; now I'm done after 1 meal.
Hi myklj999, That sounds like a lot of food, 'yum' hope you enjoyed ypur Thanksgiving day dinner, and no we don't celebrate it here in the UK. enjoy yourself and take care. Tamara
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
That's right...you guys don't celebrate Independence Day on the 4th of July either, do ya?
@fwidman (11515)
Cranberry sauce? OOPS. I forgot that this year. Have no idea how that happened I have the ham in the oven, along with the yams and the pineapple. Will probably cook a side dish of rice later. That's it. I am not planning on eating a meal that will last me a week or more!
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
I probably won't see Mom again 'til Christmas; I have a sneaking suspicion someone forgot to get them out of the fridge, but 'til I talk with her, I won't know what happened.
@novataylor (6570)
This year, we had a very quiet Thanksgiving, just the hubs and myself. And of course, the cats. And I cooked a duck this year!! First time! It came out beautifully too, mykl, brown and crispy, and surprise, surprise, not at all greasy! Ducks are known for being greasy, but I pricked the skin several times as it cooked, and that seemed to do the trick. Whew! Let's see, there were mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, a savory corn pudding, bread, and coconut cream pie for dessert. Hubs doesn't like anything green, so no veggies this year. But it was truly a beautiful dinner, well worth giving thanks. What I find really remarkable is that the timing worked out on everything! I love to cook, and so does Stuie, but I have a really hard time making everything come out at the same time. This year, however, all was well. Ahhhhhhh. Now I'm having my coffee and gearing up to do the dishes that are filling both my sinks. Yuck. Leftovers tonight! Yum. So happy to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving! But no deviled eggs. Damn. I happen to LOVE deviled eggs, and if I would have thought of them, I would have made them. Damn! Damn! Damn! xx
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
Well hello darlin' Nova, and a good morning to you. Really, I shouldn't complain about the eggs, because for once there were no arguments. (You know, like who gets the last egg; it has almost turned into a brawl over that before).
Thank you, darlin mykl, that was a most lovely good morning!! So - no brawl? No arguments? Are you sure you were at the right house? You've given me a good idea in those deviled eggs darlin. I'm definitely putting them on my list for Christmas! And I'd like to add a small tip for those who haven't made them before. Use older eggs for them. Honestly. Not OLD eggs, but buy them a week before you want to use them. They'll peel beautifully, trust me. If you use new eggs, they'll be really really hard to peel. I did that once, for a holiday dinner with family, and I ended up bringing a huge bowl of egg salad instead of deviled eggs as I had promised to do. How sad THAT was! A whole bunch of egg salad got thrown away that year......sighhhhhh.......
@Rosekitty (19377)
• San Marcos, Texas
Hello Darling Nova! Glad to hear you had a good time and wish i could have been closer to wish you a happy One in person.. Had fun with the kids and family and now looking forward to Xmas with them.. Look for something soon in the mail from me.. huggs and love you
@camomom (7535)
Complaining again? Can't even go a holiday without complaining? It's okay. I forgive you, again. I did have deviled eggs....not my own but they were ok...mine would have been A LOT better. I did NOT have stuffing...it was some kind of slop that was called stuffing but I couldn't even stand the thought of putting it in my mouth . Other then that dinner was surprisingly yummy. Turkey and ham.
@camomom (7535)
oh yeah, almost forgot....HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
You know I ain't happy unless I'm complaining about something.
@camomom (7535)
I know. Atleast I know you're happy and that makes me happy for you.
@savypat (20219)
Do you ever write a discussion without complaining? Could you just for once try, or would you blow your cover and we would all find out you really are this terrific person. PS I missed the devied eggs also.
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
I actually did write one once without complaining about anything, and nobody responded, so I gave that idea up.
That's our mykl!!
@dawnald (84489)
• Shingle Springs, California
Deviled eggs? Not a tradition in my family but I like them. Peanut salad, that's the tradition we have that most people don't. dinner was great but I forgot to take pictures!!!
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
Peanut salad? What does Charllie Brown and Snoopy think of it?
@dawnald (84489)
• Shingle Springs, California
my parents invited pretty much everybody else on the planet but not those two! anyway it's kind of like waldorf salad only not... peanuts, apples, bananas, mayo and mustard.
@Opal26 (17683)
Hi myklj! Happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner! Mine was pretty good. Too much food! Will have to have a second dinner to get rid of some of the food! My girlfriend made so much food and I made so much that we have too much left over that I don't know what to do with it all! We never made it to dessert! But it was fun anyway! So now it's on to what's for Christmas dinner! Don't you love talking about the next holiday while you're still trying to eat the food from this one?
@Opal26 (17683)
C'mon over mrghill! You know you and myklj are always invited! There really is plenty of food! But no deviled eggs! I never touched the stuff!
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
Of course Mom had to send a plate of dinner and desserts home with me, so I was midnight snacking on everything.
We don't have a Thanksgiving celebration here in our country but I would like to greet you and everyone a warm Thanksgiving day. You may prepare deviled eggs some other time, it might save some of the family members from getting their blood cholesterol high, if any of them has it. Enjoy the food feast!
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
Thank you.
Hello! I've read your comment from SaintAnne. You don't see any deviled eggs for the first time in 48 years? You could prepare them today even though the Thanksgiving celebration is over. You may even have them for Christmas day or New Year's Eve. It's not too late, cheer up!
though it seems that this passage is beyond my comprehension,but anyway,thanksgiving day!
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
Yes, many of my discussions seem to hover midway between rationality and abstract insanity.
@riyasam (16567)
i can not make head or tail by your title.but how come,you forgot the deviled eggs???????we had a quiet dinner yesterday and a churchservice,my hubby dear found more pleasure with my in-laws leaving me alone to fend for my kids.do not worry i will get back at him.he knows he will get it but according to him life is all about taking risks.dumbo happy thanksgiving.
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
Happy Thanksgiving to you too riyasam.
• Pakistan
i hate the doctor's office ... always gives me injections ...
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
If you would quit visiting those houses of ill repute, you wouldn't need those shots...