Christmas Holidays

@Anne18 (11034)
When do your children break up for the christmas holidays? Our children break up on friday 19th Dec.
@kun2349 (23464)
Dec 19th?? I guess that's the custom for european countries.. But in singapore, their school holidays started as early as early or mid november, all the way till early january before school re-opens again.. haha ^_^ Plus, maybe it's end of the yr holiday, and thus it's longer as compared to the mid yr holiday which is just 4 weeks or so.. hehe
@kun2349 (23464)
Thanks for the pencil ^_^
@ElicBxn (61067)
"break up" does that mean get out of school? I hear that the roomie's nephew gets out on the 19th as well... Round these parts "break up" means that if they are going steady and call it off they "break up."
@gemini_rose (16192)
Yes ours also break up on the 19th, I am now on countdown to it and may even keep them off on the friday depending on how I feel and the weather! I am so sick of being laid up through walking the kids to school in the snow, hail and rain every day! I just cannot wait to hibernate for a couple of weeks.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi Anne18 My kids break up on the 19th too. They go back on the 6th of January which is not only my son't birthday but the 12th day of Christmas. I think that is wrong they should go back on the 2nd, just kidding, it should be the 7th as technically it is still Christmas on the 6th!!
@ellie333 (21018)
Hi Anne, My son breaks up on the 19th too and so do I. I go back on the 2nd January and he returns back on the 4th so it will be lovely to be able to spend so much time together. I love working at the Royal Marine camp as I do get so many holidays that are the same as the school ones. I can't wait. Huggles. Ellie :D
@MizzLadyB08 (1174)
My daughter gets out on the 22nd and they go back in January.
@maddysmommy (16233)
Ours don't break up till the 24th - 4th Jan, return to school 5th Jan.
@hildas (3031)
Yes my Children break up on the 19th December also. It is actually early for them this year, as last year they finished quite late. I guess they will be under my feet the Christmas week. I will have to organise something for them to do and somewhere to go that week.
@rrowenaa (834)
Same with my daughter, they will have a break at the 19th and classes resume next year, January 5th. Long Christmas vacation, i'm glad she can extend her sleep in the morning.
@cher913 (25865)
yup, my kids get off the same day and are off for the two weeks. i will hopefully be off work from the 24th to new years day. that would be good. i can spend some time with my kids :-) (and maybe my hubby if he gets some time off!!