Why does myLot say Paypal isn't available in some countries.

@isasice (2015)
Iceland
Before I signed up on here, I went over the list of countries that myLot said were not eligible to be paid from here. Iceland was not on the list. In my profile section, they say Paypal is not available in my country. I have been using Paypal for years and it's no problem to open up a paypal account from Iceland. Not that it matters as I'm not going to claim any payments from here, just curious as always.
@Asylum (48067)
• Manchester, England
It could be that the statement was written before Paypal became available in Iceland, or simply that Iceland does not have it's own Paypal website. When I first opened my Paypal account I had to use paypal.com and open an account in US$ because there was no United Kingdom option. My account was automatically transferred to paypal.co.uk as soon as a branch was opened here, although I still use dollars because it is a convenient online currency. There are still a lot of countries that cannot use Paypal for various reasons, but many like your own can simply enrol via the United States. Are you using paypal.com and US Dollars?
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
I have both an UK and an US account. Not all countries have a specil Paypal website and the Paypal.com website has been enough for me until now.
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
I just checked the paypal website. It clearly state that Icelanders can send, receive and withdraw money to a US bank account.
@moreinfo (3866)
its paypal's or US' policy. if you got a legal paypal acct, thats no problem!
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
I have a legal Paypal account that I have been using for years but myLot doesn't give me the option to enter Paypal details on here.
@Junig1 (301)
• Barbados
because it's not i guess, it wasn't available to Barbados until recently, i had to email paypal to ask why - now it is am i am glad
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
Paypal is available for Icelanders, myLot is the only place I have seen that claims it's not
@Fragile (361)
I don't have any idea as well. I can't sign up through paypal as well. Too bad.. =(
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
Where are you from? Is your country listed as one of the countries that myLot will not pay?
@manzician (4733)
Because that is the fact...Aneewayz... Thanks for your question... Its really nice to be here at mylot... Are you guys here for money or just for fun...
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
Definitely not for the money. I am waiting for myLot to respond to me about weather I can donate my earnings here directly to charity. The paypal question was just out of curiousity since they say it's not available and I alreaday have an account with them.