Can you pull of weird fashions?

@Sheepie (3118)
I was just looking at some old Michael Jackson videos. I have to say, not only does he have a lot of dancing and singing talent [and I'm sure he still does] he really dresses strange. Sometimes he looks as though he is wrapped in aluminum foil, sometimes he wears sequins, strappy things, so many strange color combination. But it's not as though anyone should have ever really been surprised. He looks as though he is supposed to wear them. I don't think I've ever seen him wear anything normal and I can't imagine that. He's completely making it his own. I think some people can pull of dressing weird, while others just get stared at it for it. He just does it right, some how. I wish I could do that!
@rocketj1 (6960)
Michael gets a special pass, as do all celebrities, because he is famous. If average joe wore what he did, he would be laughed out of town. If a celebrity lived in our own hometown, I think there would be pressure to conform. But because celebrities live isolated lives and are used to wearing "performance" outfits, they get away with it. I would be fun to have the courage to wear what they do though, don't you think?
@Sheepie (3118)
Not all celebrities- some do get criticized. I don't know if he has been, but I think that he just makes it look so natural and he's so strange already, it kind of would work for him. But I guess the atmosphere does make a difference.
@Shar19 (8236)
I think the only people that can pull that off are people that are a little off the wall to being with. The average person would look kind of silly.
@guybrush (4660)
Well, I'm not sure I'd call them weird fashions - everything's fine as far as I'm concerned, and I've always worn exactly what I pleased! If there'd been such thing as goths when I was a teenager I definitely would have been one, as I loved black clothing! One thing I hate is conforming to what we're 'supposed' to wear - if I hate the stuff in the shops, I just ignore it and keep wearing stuff I wore 20 years ago. Nobody should worry about what other people think - just go for it!