Do you think we should take some actions to the scam websites?

Guangzhou, China
There are many scam websites online and I agree that we should take some actions to remove them. Cheating can be a crime. So what's the difference if a website cheating via the net? It can be worse as it will cheat so many people. Why there is no such kind of department to deal with it?For example, there are many PTC scams, then it's better to remove them so that they won't fool many people. Well, giving them some punishment is better.
@Roseo8 (2947)
Hi Youless....Yes I fully agree with you....Cheating people through websites should be traced and stopped immedaitely.I guess one reason such websites are flourishing is that most people fail to report when they are cheated.Also such websites are there a dime a dozen and so I sauppose its not easy to sort out the good from the bed.....But its a pity that many people are getting cheated and losing money via internet....And its essential that stringent action is taken against such scammers and to discourage them.....
@Roseo8 (2947)
Yes youless......Infact I know so many people who have lost money via the internet.They are lured by false promises and and easily fall pray to some trap.This should be stopped immediately and the offensers punished severely........
@liisafiat (660)
• Latvia
Yes, people should take some action against the scam websites. It is like a crime in labor market where the employer is fooling his employees. Some type of international department should be made where people could send their complaints about particular websites, and then they should registrate and try the website and prove that it IS a scam. The result: scam website will have to pay punishment money for fooling people, fooled people would have saved others from this, and the web environment would become cleaner from such scam websites! What actions do You suggest to do? Let`s found an IDASW- International Department Against Scam Websites?
I think the simple way to do is to stop the service of the domain name and server for these scam websites. So that at least they can't cheat people any more. As to the punishment, I think it can judge by the local laws.
• Latvia
I think the best punishment and most reliable is the MONEY. Have to pay money for abusing and cheating people: this will make SCAM websites to think 1000 times before they open such scam website, don`t You agree??
@cheongyc (5072)
It's tough and not easy. Because internet is international basis, and the cheater are always smart. They just know how to evade by setting up the server in oversea and using untraceable account. So, unless all the authorities of all the countries work together to punish these scams sites, then it's hard to track them down. But I feel that, sooner or later, there will laws or regulations to handle those internet crimes.
It seems you are not active lately. I am glad that you are back now It's the Chinese New Year here, so I am busy with it and hardly spend longer time here during this festival.
I think so too. There are too many scam sites and most of the time we are not sure if we should sign up or not or they simply waste our efforts. We should really do something *winks*.
I agree Happy New Year
@faith210 (11233)
Hi youless! I do agree with you that this websites who turned out to be scams should be removed from the internet. But how would anyone take action? The only thing I know how is to have another website that is focused on those scams and list them all down so that people can refer to it or people will be informed. Somehow this way, people will be informed of those sites and will totally avoid them. Just my thoughts. Take care..and have a nice day! God Bless! lovelots..faith210
I think the server provider can help to do so.
@sweetyethot (1738)
i agree with the punishment thing.Thus, those people who send scams should learn the lesson.
You are right
in the internet world, gaining justice is just so hard and impossible but yes! i agree with you that they have to pay for swindling and phishing people through internet..there should be a site where we can report every site that had been learned for scamming people...
It's difficult, but it's still possible
@eiram25 (1077)
i think so too.there are so many scam sites sprouting all over the net like mushrooms.but in a world like the cyberworld,i think it's hard to make regulations for these sites.i think it's up to us users to be really choosy in joining money making sites.i think it still should be our responsibility.i have been scammed many times and i have accepted that.i've learned a lot and now i am very keen as to which sites to join. happy mylotting!
But I think the domain name or server provider can remove these scam websites when they have the proof that they are doing something illegal.