Constant-Content.com: Ever Tried It?

@browneyed (2526)
United Kingdom
And if so, what has been your experience? For anyone who hasn't heard about Constant-Content.com before, it's basically a site where you can submit articles, videos, photographs and illustrations. You set your own price, then anyone who's interested buys it. I joined it ages ago but didn't have much luck with it. Was just wondering if anyone else has tried it and what their experience has been? Also, is their minimum payout still $50 'cos I recently got a $3.25 Paypal payment from them for an article I submitted ages ago.
Bizarre coincidence - I *JUST* joined. Looking at their setup, I figure it's a good forum to put up all my non-exclusive content. They have some seriously productive people with thousands of articles, so it presumably works. I figure my usage like this: all my articles that are on Helium, Associated Content and HubPages that are available and earning a few pennies? I'll list them at a few bucks each (fairly cheap) and if someone wants to reproduce them on their website, I get a little extra pocket money and they appear in another location on the web - not just Helium or wherever. My first pieces are in review at the moment, so no feedback yet, but it seemed like a good way to leave all my existing work out there to spread itself. An extra avenue is always a good thing. lol!
@browneyed (2526)
You just joined?! :-) Good luck! I'd completely forgotten that you can submit non-exclusive content. Thanks for the reminder. I'm thinking of taking a look at that site again especially now they've decreased the payment threshold to $5! Wishing you all the best this year. take care...
Update: took two days or so for my first article to pass review. That's not so bad. Now I have another 14 waiting, lol! Spent a while copy/pasting them out of the other sites into document format, which also gives me a local backup of them (good thing to do). I'm surprised at the price of content, to be honest. A 500-word article going for 30-40 dollars? Man, that's nice money if you can get it.
@browneyed (2526)
At least it got accepted. What price did you decide on for the 1st one? I think I'm gonna rummage through what I have and put some more articles up myself. Too-doo-loo.
@tammytwo (4302)
I signed up with them a while ago and just received a payment for $5.20 from them. I'm not sure how they work because I have gone on there and it states I have no recently sold articles, illustrations or images. I'm not quite sure where the money came from. But I'm not complaining. I don't spend much time working with the site because I am confused by what they are doing since nothing shows as being sold.
@browneyed (2526)
Hi tammytwo, I knew I sold an article there in the past (the $3.25), but because I moved on from the site and the minimum payout was $50, I kinda knew I'd never get it and cut my losses. So, like you, I was surprised to get the payment out of the blue. Don't know why. Maybe they've decreased the minimum payout or they're doing a bit of spring cleaning. In any case, though it's a small amount, every little helps! You must have sold an article or else you wouldn't have gotten the money, I guess. But well done, you! Have a fab '09.
@browneyed (2526)
Woo-hooo, the payment threshold's gone down to $5! Check out their forum for more info.