Day 1 of our fast.

@hdjohnson (2981)
Today, starts the first day of our fast from meats and sugar, and to drink a lot of water. Today for breakfast I had oatmeal with fresh cut apple, with fresh raspberries, fresh pumpkin seeds, almonds and raisins. I tell you, boy, my bowl looked very colorful, but not to good looking. But the taste was totally AWESOME. It was like all of the flavors were doing a rain dance on my tastebuds all at the same time. We're fasting until Jan. 31st. Thankfully the caffeine withdrawals haven't started yet. Probably tomorrow as I had my last cup of coffee last night. Have anyone ever fasted from meats and sugar at the same time before? It doesn't count if you're already a vegetarian either. LoL ~ just kidding. Please share your experience.
@lockheart (1405)
I do fasting, it thinks its every march or april but for one week only, no meats and no rice. .only sweet potato. . =) and sometimes bread or cooked bananas. . I seldom eat veggies, im not vegetarian. . When i was young i dont eat veggies at all, thats why. .
@hdjohnson (2981)
You look so young on your picture. Thanks for responding. Did you feel better, lose weight or is it because of religion, culture, what was your reason for fasting? Sweet potatoes are great, so are cooked bananas! I love veggies, I ate a lot of them as a kid, which is probably why I like them now.
@lockheart (1405)
Thanks. . What i mean is . . When i was more younger. . Hehehe. . Anyway. . The reason why i do that is because of religion. . Well, i really hate fasting coz i really love to eat! But sometimes you need to do sacrifices and i think 1 week is not too long. . I always have troubles with sweet potatoes coz it makes me fart. . Oh excuse me! Lol!
@hdjohnson (2981)
Well the funniest part is the fact that you would express yourself to reveal that you fart eating them. It doesn't bother me any, as I won't be anywhere near the smell.
@DonnaLawson (4032)
I am not a vegetarian but I don't care much for meat anyway.. Most meats I can leave alone but when it comes to something like bacon, I can eats tons of it.. No, I have never fasted from anything, but I don't think that I could do without my sweets, I would die without ice cream.. Coffee is another thing that I couldn't do without although I drink decaf, I still love my coffee.. Your breakfast does sound good and I will have to remember that as my husband is trying to eat more oatmeal.. I do feel for you and wish you luck, but I bet your discussions are going to get grumpy, we will understand..
@hdjohnson (2981)
Although we are fasting from meats and sugar, we are still allowed to eat as much as we want so the primary thing I'm concerned about is the caffeine withdrawals. I probably won't see them start until tomorrow, as I had a big cup of coffee after dinner yesterday. I won't express myself in a grumpy manner so. I am glad the fast is in January and not February though, my birthday is in February. But we still plan on continuing on with the no meats, but the sugar intake will probably be lessened as well. PRAY for ME, no I mean US Oh my, I see what you mean Ahhhhhwwwwww I digress.