Knock on wood 3 times!: Do you still believe in superstitions?

when i hear a person will have bad luck or being talked about in connection with death..i always knock on wood 3 times (it supposed to be wood, not any other surface) i also bite on a hard surface when i dream of losing teeth. dreaming of lost teeth means someone might experience death.so biting a hard surface is the way to counter it.. so there are my superstitions. i know that somehow they're irrelevant and they may sound funny to you guys. But i cant help doing them sometimes..hehe. what are your thoughts?
Hi Kukaisiton, Oh I am the same, I always knock on wood and if I spelt salt I pick a pinch and throw it over my left shoulder and I don't put shoes on the table. new or not and it is bad luck to walk under a ladder too. Tamara
hey ive never heard about the throwing a pinch of salt before.. that's something new i learned about superstitions. thanks tamara
@baileycows (3669)
No even though I still knock on wood 3 times. hehehehehe! I used to believe in it when I was a kid, but I believe you choose your destiny and things happen because you think they will.
yeah me too,even if i dont admit to believe superstitions i still do 'em too. hehe
@cndn420 (2062)
like you, i also knock on wood 3 times, it's something i have always done. i've never heard of biting on a hard surface to counter a dream of loosing your teeth...never knew thats what a dream like that meant. that's very interesting to know!
thanks for responding to my post. i also knock on wood even if i dont admit to believe in superstitions.hehe, something Ive always done too
@BlueGoblin (1832)
I don't have any superstitions or rituals to ward off evil.